𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

EMBERLY SAWYER

When the front door opens and we step inside it's dead silent and pitch black inside the house

"I'm gonna head up to my room and take a quick shower. Will you be alright on your own?" Asher's voice cuts through the silence and I snap my head up to look in his eyes.

I stand there quiet for a second just looking into his grey eyes but I pull myself back to reality and say, "Yeah, I-I'll be fine."

He doesn't seem convinced so I give him a nod that says 'go ahead.'

He gives me one last wary glance before he ascends the stairs.

Once he disappears from view I pull my phone out of my back pocket and text my mom.

ME: Where are you?

Its takes a couple seconds before she replies.

MOMMA: I'm at a friend's house. Did you need something? Are you okay? Are the Doreen's home?

ME: I'm fine and no the Doreen's aren't home. I think they are on a business trip. Won't be home till tomorrow morning.

MOMMA: Oh okay. Are you sure you don't need anything?

I debate telling my mom about everything that's happened after all she might know something.

The stalker wants us to pay for an our parents sins, but what sins?

I decided against telling my mom and say,

ME: Yeah, everything's fine Asher's here. Gn mom. Love you.

MOMMA: Love you too Emmy.

I put my phone back in my pocket and head upstairs as well to take a shower.

Once I enter the bathroom I strip out of my clothes and step into the shower.

I let the hot water run down my skin and close my eyes.

I immediately regret that decision when flashes of that night come rushing through my mind.

The night when my mother finally decided to leave him.

Flash two weeks ago-

"You bitch!" Slash.

Slash.

The sting of the belt making contact with my skin on increases each time.

"You're a slut just like your mother! You know what that means? You get treated like one too."

Another slash.

Followed by another.

I try to ignore the burning feeling on my back and tilt my head to the side.

I see my mother lying there on the floor, tears streaming out of her eyes.

Her eyes lock with mine and she gives me a nod.

So I follow along with our plan.

"My mother is not a slut! And neither am I asshole!" I turn on my back right before the belt can make contact.

Instead it makes contact with my stomach but luckily my clothes soften the blow.

"What did you just say to me?" He says through gritted teeth, his eyes burning with anger.

"You heard me scumbag!" I spit as I try to sit up.

But he pushes me back down. "You little slut. I thought I told you to stay down!"

"I am not a slut." I say but it comes out as more of a mumble.

The way he looks at me as if I'm dirty makes me rethink.

It makes me want to claw at my own skin.

"I'll show you how much of a slit you are." He gets on his knees and starts to rip at my shorts.

I try to hold back my tears but it dosent work.

But then his hands are gone.

They're just gone.

I look down to see him on the ground passed out and my mom standing over him with a frying pan in her hand.

"Oh my god." She begins to cry. "I'm so sorry Emmy."

She crouches down next to me and holds me in her arms.

"You're safe now."

End of flashback-

A tortured sound rips through my throat as I crouch onto the shower floor.

I scratch at my skin as tears pour from my eyes.

"No. No. No. Not again."

I hear the sound of the bathroom door flinging open but I don't move.

I can't.

I feel a towel rap around my body but I still can't move.

I feel myself being pulled out of the shower and into someone's arms.

Not just someone's.

Asher's.

"You're okay. You're safe." Those are the last words I hear before everything goes blank.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Asher's chapter next, I wonder what he's thinking after seeing Emberly break down?

I'm thinking about posting a new story soon which one would you like to read first?

-Corrupted Hearts (mafia, arranged marriage) which is a duo with Corrupted Obsessions?

-God damit I love you (two princesses, and two bodyguards)?

-Love of enemies (childhood, best friends to enemies to lovers)?

I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote!