Part 17

Word count : 814 words

Hongjoong's Pov :

The next day seongwha and I got up bright and early and headed out of the house to go to my house before going to school. We stopped by starbucks and got a iced coffee and headed out to my house. We pulled into the driveway as I took a deep breathe and got out of the car. Im really scared to tell my mom about the trip and why I stayed sleeping at seongwha's house yesterday.

I walk up to the porch and opened the door without thinking so that i wouldnt turn back around and go back to seongwhas house.

"Where the fuck have u been?" My mom asked me as soon as I walked through the door.

"I was at seongwha's house , remember?" I said as I closed the door behind me and sighed hoping she wouldn't ask why.

"U don't get to just decide randomly when u wanna stay at someone's house or not even if it's seongwha were talking about" my mom said putting away the dishes.

"Yes mom , i know" I said rolling my eyes and going up to my room. I get up to my room and pull out my luggage and started filling it up with stuff I would want to take with me on the trip. I then make my way over to my closet and get my school clothing that im gonna need for the rest of the week before the trip starts.

I finally finished getting everything and make my way down the stairs.

"Mom ,can i tell u something?" I said.

"What is it now hongjoong? she asked not looking at me

"Im gonna go on a trip with seongwha on sunday and im gonna stay at his house for the rest of the week before this trip so that we can plan everything out" I said to my mom as she stayed quiet.

"When would u be back?" my mom asked as she looked up at me.

"Next week sunday , were gonna stay there for a week" I said.

"Do u have any money to go?" my mom asked as she raised up her eyebrow at me.

"Seongwha already had booked the tickets and the hotel and stuff so I didn't really need to pay for much but the activities we will be doing I will pay for it" I said.

"Okay then , be safe and don't do some stupid shit that will cause me to hear about u on the news" my mom said as she kissed my forehead and went up to her room as I just stood there.

"What the fuck just happened?" I said to myself quietly.

 I don't understand why she was being so nice and understanding all of a sudden. It just didn't feel right so I went back up the stairs and knocked on her bedroom door.

"Mom , can I come in?" I asked hearing sniffles coming from her room. she opened her bedroom door revealing her red eyes like shes been crying for a while.

"Mom , whats wrong?" I asked as I hugged her and sat her down on the bed.

"Its nothing , its just ur growing up so fast" she said wiping her tears with her shirt.

"Its okay mom , in a week ill be back and still living here with u" I said. 

"I'll make sure to message u everyday and make sure u know how im doing and that im being safe, okay?" I said kissing her forehead.

"Here, take this with u for just incase" my mom said as she put a couple hundred dollar bills in my hand.

"Mom its not necessary , u need this money for groceries and stuff around the house" I said putting the money back in her hands.

"Are you sure u will be okay?" my mom asked as I stood up hearing seongwhas car horn.

"Im sure mom , but I have to go now seongwha's waiting for me" I said as I hugged her and walked down the stairs and out the front door. I closed the door behind me and took a deep breathe before walking over to seongwhas car.

"How was it?" seongwha asked me as soon as I got into the car.

"Better then I thought" I said still feeling emotional about leaving my mom for some reason.

"Are you sure?" seongwha asked. "U look like you are about to cry" he said.

"Its nothing , can we just leave please?" I asked putting on my seatbelt as seongwha nodded and started the car and drove away from my house.

"Can we skip school today?" I asked seongwha as he looked at me and back at the road.

"Yeah of course , is there anything u wanna do instead?" seongwha asked.

"Go to the beach and have a picnic and swim all day?" I said without even thinking it through.

"Very specific but will do" seongwha said chuckling as I slapped his arm and chuckled.