62- Elder Daughter-In-Law

DEVANSHI'S POV:

It feels great to be back home!

The Trip to Rome was ethereal, splendid, most memorable. That's for another day now.

I can't wait to meet everyone. How everyone is doing? I am a bit nervous too, my parents are gonna be present.

Why is it that I can never be eased around them?

The ride came to an halt at the familiar destination, Home. For people it was Palace but for us, it was home.

As I peeked through the window I could see Maasa, Daadisa, Mom, Choti, Daatasa, Babasa, Papa, Bannasa standing there waiting for us.

As I stepped down and moved forward the carpet was covered with flowers, reminding me of my Marriage. The maid passed the Aarti ki thaal to Maasa but Daadisa took it saying, "Aap hi har baar inka swagat karengi kya?"

["Can't I welcome her too?"]

She smiled while welcoming both of us as she finished the Aarti, we touched the feet of her and Daatasa. They blessed us and we did the same with my parents and his. My father as usual was cold, but there was something different in his eyes today may be a regret that he should have given me a chance.

What am I even thinking! It's impossible!

Choti hugged me, while Devarsa touched my feet which I didn't like but he would not listen.

We sat in the dining room, having our lunch. The conversation went on from my Residency to my experience and then my honeymoon. Everyone was quite happy finally together after so long.

Grabbing our attention, Babasa spoke "So now that everyone is present here, why don't we discuss Gaurav and Akshu's wedding?"

This was a surprise. Except for my parents, everyone looked surprised.

I guess they are here for the same reason and not for me. How come I thought they would be here for me?

Stupid!

I smiled seeing the evident blush on Akshu's cheeks due to Banna sa's eye contact.

I couldn't be less happy.

They started discussing as I listen to them but then there was a problem in the venue. If it happens thoroughly according to the traditions, how will I attend both the sides?

Just as I was thinking about the same, Maasa spoke, "Destination yaa Traditional hamari badi bindani decide karegi. Akhir dono ore ka sambhalna bhi to inhe hi hai."

["Let the venue be decided by my elder daughter in law. She'll be the one juggling both sides."]

It was an easy decision, I know what Choti has wanted always and what is best for us too.

D: "Destination! But one thing stays, you're not seeing each other after Ganesh sthapana until marriage. There'll be a curtain."

Gaurav: "Bhabhisa!"

Devarsa whined cutely and truly it was worth seeing.

D: "Jii Banna sa."

Gaurav: "Nothing"

Daadisa: "I guess the suggestion is great. So let's finalize the date and Vedansh's team could see the rest."

V: "Jii Daadisa."

Everyone agreed and the planning started. It was decided that after going to Jaipur, Dad will see the auspicious date and will update everything.

After everything would be settled we could leave for the venue 'Jaisalmer'.