22-Wedding Night

VEDANSH'S POV:

VEDANSH'S POV:

I was happy to hear Devanshi's reply to Sneha, Sneha was my ex and probably my worst decision.

She already left a while ago, probably Devi would be in our room now, I smiled to the thought of sharing my room, my space and my rest of the life with her. I was leaning against a pillar in the garden from where my room's balcony was completely visible.

This portion along with the garden was mine. There were gym, study, closet attached to bathroom and a spacious room for my me time on that floor itself. But there were several portions I wanted to show her myself.

I thought of giving her some time to settle in before I go inside, hence am waiting here. I don't want to rush anything and don't want her to feel unsafe at all. I want her happy and smiling by my side always.

There was a hand on my shoulder, getting me out of my thoughts and within a few seconds before I could realize Sneha was kissing me, I tried pushing her after I registered what was actually happening but too late. Devi already saw it from the balcony and I could see her glossy eyes filled with rage. No girl would want to see her husband kissing another woman on their wedding night. A great night indeed. I harshly pushed Sneha, making her fall on her butt on the ground.

Sneha:" What the hell, Ved? How could you push me like this? "

V: " Just the way you chose to stoop so low. I'm warning you Sneha stop with your bullshit, you ain't ready to face the consequences."

Saying so I was about to leave when she grabbed my wrist, but I pulled my hand harshly and when she was about to come any closer Gaurav grabbed her from her shoulders and gestured me to go towards my room.

Not caring much about the scene I left from there and rushed to my room.

I opened the door and shut it again immediately, in this dim lit room the very first thing which caught my attention was a figure of the lady lying on the bed in a simple plain white kurti and palazzo, acting to be asleep.

The room was decorated in a magnificent way for a newly wed couple. I went towards her and noticed the anklet I brought for her on the side table.

Immediately my gaze followed her body curve till her feet, where her previous anklet rested on her ankles.

Raged by this I took the anklet and keeping inside my pocket, calming myself I sat on the bed beside her with one knee folded and another feet touching the ground.

I slowly tried to hold her hand, but she pulled it away adjusting the blanket, not opening her eyes.

Taking a deep breath I sighed and said "Devi, at least look at me once, hear me out."

No reaction.

"Listen, I understand you're angry but vent it on me, please talk to me once." I again tried to which she replied "I'm not angry, change and sleep you must be tired." Her voice so cold, with not an ounce of her usual warmth, only some formality dripping from her tone. I hated this version of hers.