15- Dastur.

AUTHOR'S POV:

It was night time, and Everyone was deep asleep in Rao Haveli, except the guest or to be family member Vedansh and Devanshi who was getting ready for bed.

In Devanshi's room, she was coming out of the bathroom and she saw someone moving in the balcony. No matter how old a person is, you do have some fears and same was with Devanshi. Often being with someone, she was afraid of being alone and afraid of even getting up at night due to her fear of insects and ghosts. She was hell scared as she saw a shadow in the balcony and next second it was not there.

She thought that may be she was hallucinating and afraid she closed all the doors even more securely and went inside the quilt, without switching off the lights. She shut her eyes tightly wanting it just to be a misunderstanding, if it was a thief she could fight but if it was a ghost, what would she do?

There was a knock on the balcony door and she shivered and tear escaped her eyes and another knock made her cry more and again another knock. She had a habit of crying silently without making any noise, even her hiccups were inaudible, just something she got because of her childhood.

Her phone started ringing and she immediately picked it up, looking at the caller id "Rakshas Kumar".

" Hello" She said almost inaudible.

V: " Open the balcony, Devi"

And her eyes widened at realisation and she got up a bit relaxed and opened the door for him.

He took  a deep breath and immediately closed the door behind him.

"What are you doing here, at this time?" He heard her voice and turned to see her red nose and tear stained cheeks.

"Why are you crying? Ohh...I won't do anything." He immediately tried to calm her down and she replied telling the truth.

D: "No, it was not....because of you. I just got scared."

V: "That's what am saying, you don't have to be scared of me" He tried making her understand and comfortable.

D: "No, actually I saw the shadow while coming out of the bathroom and thought..... thought.." She hesitated a bit thinking he would make fun of her.

V: "Thought?" Slightly raising his eyebrow to question.

D: "It was a.... Ummm.. A.. Gh.. Gho.. ...Ghost." She said it stuttering a bit and being ashamed of her phobia and closed her eyes to not see his reaction.

But she felt his arms around her in a moment and opened one eye a bit and later another and fisted the hem of the shirt of her night suit.

V: "Devi, it's fine we all fear something, I didn't mean to scare you I'm sorry."

She was shocked listening to his words as all her life she was belittled for having any kind of fear or weakness.

She tried diverting the topic not understanding his reaction and as she didn't want to talk more on this topic saying "But, why did you come here?"

V: "To meet you, I'll be leaving tomorrow morning."

D: "ohh..." She pulled away from hug and looked here and there.

V: "Will you not ask me to sit?"

D: " Oh... Sorry.. Um.. Sit here come.." And gestured towards the couch nervously.

V: "Come I want to talk to you, so sit beside me."

D: "hmmm... Say"

V : "By the way I heard your's and Ghanakshi Baisa's talk... I didn't want to eavesdrop but, Maa sent  me to call you for dinner and then just happened to listen."