14- Before the engagement.

Devanshi's Pov:

We reached my house, and my mom was already waiting in the living room, the center one and as she saw me, she came running towards me "Are you stupid? Don't you understand how to keep yourself safe? What if something might've happened? You needn't go alone. Why did I even allow you to go? I feel like slapping you on this carelessness."

"Mom, calm down am injured. " I tried to calm her down.

"You didn't hurt yourself for me, freshen up and come down stairs for breakfast." She ordered. I was happy at least now she was talking.

"Jamaisa, come I'll show you the guest room even you freshen up. Let's have breakfast together then." She asked him, basically forced him even though he declined.

I was in my room and got ready wearing a black shirt and blue denim. I needed to go to the orphanage too.

Going down stairs, my father met me on the stairs and other than asking How am I feeling now? We didn't spoke

Going down stairs, my father met me on the stairs and other than asking How am I feeling now? We didn't spoke. Just how far have we drifted. This was something I was scared of before coming here.

"Maa, where is Akshu?" I asked my mom, she was setting the table.

"She's at her friend's place." She replied and I nodded my head.

"Wait, why are you dressed like this, you ain't going anywhere, stay home and rest." Oh God not again.

"Matashree, I need to go,it's important,please."

"Uhh.. Fine but come soon, and next time keep in my mind to wear something traditional. You know your father won't like you like this, in front of Jamaisa."

"Maa, I don't have any problem with her clothes. She can wear whatever she wants." I heard his voice, as he entered the dining room and then greeted my father.

"Attire is not a problem, Jamaisa, but I would prefer her respecting our traditions." My father answered him to which he replied firmly.

"She does, she takes pride in her culture and traditions. And respect is something done from heart. Even if someone's doing everything as per to rules, we don't know wether they truly respect it or no."

I was shocked seeing him defend me.

"Umm... Let's start the breakfast." My mom said breaking the awkward silence.

"Jamaisa..."

"Vedansh, Maa, I would like you calling me by my name."he cut off my mom's words.

" I can't, no, Jamaisa it is please."

"Okkk. I won't force you now, but one day for sure."

"I was suggesting you stay a night here, please" She requested him.

"Yes, I agree, please you should stay Jamaisa." My father too supporting her.

"Actually, I do have some work... I can't." He defied politely.