46- Her past:2

AUTHOR'S POV:

AUTHOR'S POV:

While they came to Rajasthan, Aditi left for Ireland with her uncle (Mama- mother's brother), the left over ties and contact were also severed.

Here the conditions worsened as her father was having trouble in finances, her sister was admitted to another private English medium school and her studies were halted.

Her parents again had frequent fights similar to what they had when she was a kid.

Her sister was quirky due to all these changes. Still both the sisters endured.

Her mother was fighting for Devi to continue her studies while her father blamed Devi for not studying well and not clearing her entrance. He said she didn't deserve to study more. Her both Buwasa supported him and as they were less educated didn't want both sisters to study much too. The sisters were made to feel lesser than boys. They could now see the difference.

There came a time when Devi felt responsible for everything, if not for her there won't be these troubles.

Her Buwasa suggested to get Devi Married so there would be peace in the house and no one would be left to support her mother as Akshu was small. Growing up Devi started standing up for her family may it be for her mother or her sister, she made sure their differences don't come in the way of their unity.

Devi's Grandparents didn't want her to get married so soon. They knew what their granddaughter was capable of and thus stood against their son for her.

Devi was sent away to Padma buwasa's place to learn all the household work. She knew a lot but not much, not the farm work or others. As this time she went the behavior was different and she was treated lowly.

Here, at her home her mother and Grandparents were fighting for Devi's education and she was getting ready for marriage as she would turn 18 in 5 months.

She couldn't blame anyone but herself, if she studied hard enough, she didn't accept the defeat she would not be in this situation. She was not allowed to talk to anyone from her family, not her father, mother, grandparents or even sister.

The loving and caring father she knew was no where to be found. There was a man, who knew only to follow the society rules.

One month was over and it was the day of groom's family to see Devi, she was adorned in a nice suit and not anything else.

It was decided that today her entire family will meet Groom's family and fix everything at Padma buwasa's place only.

As they were waiting for her family to arrive, there came a news which shook everyone. The phone in Padma buwasa's hand fell and she stood there shocked, unable to move. Devi saw everything from the kitchen window and came out to enquire.

Her phuphosa had a remorseful expression, she was scared to the core. As even their kids came and enquired, he replied, "Mahii... Your Nanosa.. He had a heart attack and he's no more."