47- The Night of Memories

Devanshi's Pov:

My phone rang and I blinked my eyes adjusting to the mobile's brightness, "Mumma❤". Why would mumma call at 5 in the morning?

"Switch it off Lotus." He said in a sleepy voice, his face in the crook of my neck and I don't remember when our position changed that he was lying on top of me. "Shut up" I said and picked up the call.

D: "Hello"

D/M: "Hello Gudiya I'm leaving in an hour, if you could meet me."

D: "I'll be there in a few minutes mumma."

D/M:"Guddu come to the terrace"

D:"Okk"

Saying so we hang up the call and I pushed him aside not harshly though.

"Where are you going?" He asked and I replied wearing my blouse, "Maa is leaving today. I'll go and meet her."

"Hmm. Call for me too once you have had your mother daughter chat." And I nodded at his comment.

I went to terrace to find mom and she looked at me smiling. As we sat going to the sitting area, she spoke "You should see your state before roaming around palace like this. Now you are a married woman."

"Maa seriously early in the morning you called me to teach me manners." I spoke in an annoyed tone.

"Dumbo look at yourself once" and I followed her gaze which fell on the darkest hickey on my collar bone. My eyes widened at the realization and I mentally cursed for this. I'll see him later.

Adjusting my pallu, I said "Hehee, it's a mosquito bite Maa."

"Beta, teri maa hu me!" She remarked and I smiled sheepishly.

["I'm your Mom."]

Her lips curved into an upward smile and she said, "I'm happy that you and Jamaisa are doing well. About you leaving I want to say that... I didn't mean to come out that rude but you know your father and even I was enraged I won't lie. But the way I saw you two when I came to call you for pooja, I was happy that my daughter has a deserving husband. The first time I saw him and the way he spoke to me, he already won my heart. Later,when we were chatting and I shared about you two, he enquired and showed interest in it. His thoughts were respectable towards woman and I really felt if he could be my son in law. And God did listen to me."

D: "Maa, he is really great, loving and caring. But I don't know. I fear what if he changes. Even Papa loved you. You were arranged to him but he liked you. He changed."

D/M: "Beta no two people are same. Don't compare your story to mine. I was wrong to share it with you whole. Your dislike towards your father is also due to me."

D: "It's just Papa never understood and he never does. You know I loved him the most."

D/M: "I do but that's fine. He loves you too he just don't know how to express his love and did some mistakes too grave and doesn't even realize them. But that doesn't mean every person is the same."

D: "I'm always on the worst side mumma."

D/M: "Beta you should trust your destiny and be grateful. I know you care for him too but show it to him."

V: "She doesn't need to Maa, I can see it in her eyes." We heard his voice and saw him coming towards us, now he had a T-shirt.

D: "You were eavesdropping."

V: "I came to meet my mother in law. Who's eavesdropping?" And sat beside mumma keeping his head in her lap.

D: "She's my mom."

V: "Don't you take my mom with you everytime."

D: "I left my mom for you. That's bare minimum."

D/M: "Stop it you two and Ved beta, don't tease her."

V: "See I told you, you'll call me by my name yourself."

D: "We know now move."

V: "Why?"

D: "I want to sleep."

V: "Go sleep. We have a huge bed."

D: "She's my mom get up."

V: "I will not. Aapne jo mere ghar, gharwaale, office wale, room aur dil me kabza kar rakha hai vo."

["I won't. What about you capturing my home, family employees, room and my heart?"]

D/M: "You two continue your fake fight I need to leave." Saying so Maa stood and left.

D: "Besharm because of you she left"

["Shameless, cause of you she left."]

V: "You are the most jealous person of this world."

D: "I don't mind that but what about you?" I asked as I remembered about the hickey.

V: "What about me?"

D: "Maa saw this." I said and he chuckled pulling me closer, "We are husband and wife. For God's sake, you don't think a fairy gifted you to your parents."

D: "Kunwarrrssssaa" I said gritting my teeth, "Aap sach me besharm hai!" And left from there as I heard him laughing and following behind.

["You are really shameless!"]

__________________________________________________________
Vote, share and Comment.

It's my first book and I've no experience writing adult still trying my best hope you like it.