37: ATELOPHOBIA

'Atelophobia is a fear of not completing tasks perfectly or completely. It is a type of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) characterized by an intense and debilitating fear of imperfection or incompleteness. People with atelophobia may have a strong desire for perfection, which can lead to excessive worry, anxiety, and avoidance behaviors. They may become overly critical of themselves and others, leading to feelings of inadequacy and low self-esteem. '

⚠️ HEADS UP ⚠️

This content may trigger feelings of anxiety. Please proceed with caution and take care of your mental health. 📢 #MentalHealthAwareness #SelfCareFirst

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

CLÍODHNA EISDRACHEN POINT OF VIEW

Hera rose from her seat .

"The student outings will now last for five days and four nights, from Monday to Friday. We will travel to Ilocos Norte on Sunday night." She stated while distributing documents outlining our goals and how we plan to include the Departmental Music Event and the Tito Ashton investigation mission.

Tinignan ko ang papers. Hera will be staying with me sa camp while Code Delta and Beta would assume the roles of undercover instructors. Meanwhile, my dad and mom would stay behind to manage our family company during my absence.

Luther, on the other hand, would be accompanying Tito Hector to Region 2 to monitor the movements of our enemies.

The weight of responsibility bore down heavily upon me, my forehead throbbing with the ache of unspoken words, knowing that the shocking news of Tito Ashton's demise was yet to be revealed to his family, based from the statement proclaimed by these unsuspecting pair from Golden Dragon.

With a heavy heart, I reluctantly glanced at the crime photo, the sheer brutality of Tito Ashton's murder nearly impossible to stomach.

The gruesome image burned its way into my memory, etching itself deep within my psyche. Both of his delicate eyes had been methodically gouged out, leaving behind raw, gaping sockets, the flesh are bright red, some nerves are pulled out along with the eyeballs.

The extent of his torment became even more apparent as I took in the sight of his upper torso twisted in a grotesque configuration. His arms ripped savagely from his body, I can see how uneven the skin was ripped, some of the tissues are even stretched out, and his legs forcefully severed from their natural joints.

Yet, the true horror lay in the sadistic manner in which Tito Ashton had apparently been subjected to prolonged torture. His once vibrant skin now bore an eerie violet hue, a ghastly testament to the agony he had endured in his final moments.

The sickening image of his innards being cruelly ripped apart intensified the visceral disgust within me. To add insult to injury, a horrifying seal branded itself upon his chest, seared into his flesh by the scorching heat of maybe a white-hot iron.

The sinister mark ominously spelled out the word "Payback."

Allowing my eyes to close, I focused on the surrounding sounds, desperate to escape the haunting image before me.

The discussions around me were steeped in a military-like tone, authoritative and formal. Among the voices that dominated the atmosphere, it was Hera's that echoed with the most menace.

There are fleeting moments when Delta's words hang in the air, only to be carelessly brushed aside by Hera. Even Beta seems powerless to challenge my fiancee's authority. The weight of their dismissive attitudes settles upon me, crushing my spirit, as I sit there with closed eyes, enveloped in the suffocating atmosphere.