23: DUSK

'Dusk is the time of day immediately following sunset, a period of partial darkness between day and night when the sky is often colored with shades of red, orange, pink, and purple. It is the time when the natural light fades away, but everything is not yet completely darkened.'

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

CLÍODHNA EISDRACHEN POINT OF VIEW

I once stumbled upon an article online, claiming that "Girls are complicated." Looking at Hera, I can now understand why they make such claims.

Hera possesses a captivatingly contradictory personality. When we are alone, she becomes clingy and adorable. She enjoys cuddling and playfully pinches my abs.

However, in the realm of work, she transforms into a strict and focused individual. Her patience may be abundant, but there are times when it wears thin. She often scolds me whenever I praise her, but I know deep down she relishes hearing those words since the tips of her ears turn red.

It's not really that women are hard to understand. Usually, it's the people who harbor secrets, avoid understanding, are stressed, or struggle to voice their innermost thoughts that are difficult to decipher.

Just like now. Hera is walking on the right side of the pathway, as the road is wet and some of the stepping stones are submerged. She sighs each time her slippers get dirty. But what's amusing is that she seems to enjoy jumping to avoid the puddles.

Para siyang bata na nag-eenjoy lang sa paligid. I swear, I will make this woman the happiest person alive.

"Do you want me to give you a piggyback ride?" I pause for a moment, hesitant. "Wifey?" I whisper softly.

She stops walking and faces me. I stand before her, my cheeks turning red. If Hera possesses any remarkable asset, it would be her beautifully expressive eyes. Sometimes, her fierce gazes earn her labels like being aloof or grouchy.

"What did you say?" she asks, crossing her arms over her chest. Ang cute niya magsungit. 

"Do you want a piggyback ride?" I quaveringly repeat my earlier question.

She bites her lower lip and slowly approaches me, carefully avoiding the water-filled potholes on the road.

"I heard you. What was the last thing you said?" She looks into my eyes. 

"Wifey?" I hesitantly reply, biting my own lower lip due to my overwhelming shyness. We never really discussed what names we should call each other.

Ayaw ko naman siyang tawagin sa pangalan niyang Hera even though ako lang ang unang tumawag sa kanya ng Hera consistently.

"Hmm." She smiles and steps even closer. "I'll ride on your back..." She suppresses a smile. "Hubby."

Agad kong itinago ang mukha ko sa likod ng aking mga kamay. Ang sakit na ng labi ko kakangiti.

Damn fucking hell! 

Faen i helvete.

[Norwegian = The Devil in the hell.]

Mallacht mo chait ort.

[Irish: My cat's curse upon you.]

"Clio, come on, let's go," Hera exclaimed with a smile on her face as she ran towards the main house, still avoiding the puddles on the way. Her previous dilemmas disappeared just because of my reaction.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and punched the air in excitement. I might die of a heart attack if Hera keeps making me feel this way.

Naglakad nalang papunta sa main house. Nang makarating ako sa dining area ng main house ay napatingin lahat sa akin ang mga tao.