10: QUOTIENT INTELLIGENCE

"Quotient Intelligence is a comprehensive measurement that encompasses cognitive, emotional, social, and adversity-related abilities, offering valuable insights into an individual's overall intelligence and capabilities."

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

CLÍODHNA EISDRACHEN POINT OF VIEW

"Nana, ang sarap po ng tinda niyo! Thank you. Sa uulitin," Chase bid farewell as he exited the small karinderya.

"Ano, mag-jeep nalang ba tayo?" Jessica stopped talking. "Okay lang ba 'yon sa inyong dalawa?" she asked, referring to me and Athena. Athena nodded, but I shook my head in disagreement.

"Hindi mo alam?" Jessica responded, trying not to hurt my feelings. "Kapag kasi nag taxi tayo or ibang commercial ride, walang matitira sa pera namin. Mahal pa naman ang pamasahe."

"It's not that I don't know how," I replied casually. "It's just for security purposes."

My dad made it clear that I can't let the outside world know what I'm doing or where I'm going. It's not safe for me to go out.

I knew that somewhere in this area, Dad's personal agents were discreetly protecting me. They were highly skilled military personnel who had undergone rigorous training. These agents were experts in blending in with the civilians, making it difficult to pinpoint their identity. They were trained to keep a close watch on me without drawing attention to themselves, ensuring my safety at all times.

"Ah okay, eh paano tayo nyan makakapunta sa mall?" Eloisa asked this time.

"Pwede kong tawagan ang driver ko. That's one option," Athena suggested, and we all agreed.

"Tell Tito Hector our destination and ask him to inform Dad," I whispered to Athena.

I understand that my dad is doing her best to keep me safe, and I don't want to be a stubborn child causing trouble. My dad is stern but honest with me, and I believe it's our strong connection that keeps us close. Although she doesn't talk much and doesn't always share her plans, she doesn't give us the silent treatment to the extent that we're left confused about her actions.

Athena made a call about 5 meters away from us. After 5 minutes, she returned to where we were. "Okay na, tara na sa loob ng campus. Doon daw tayo pi-pick-up'n."

As we walked towards the empty Gazebo in the park, my senses were enveloped by the serene atmosphere. The air carried a delicate fragrance, a blend of cherry blossoms, moss, and fresh earth. The soft chirping of birds provided a gentle soundtrack, harmonizing with the rustling of bamboo leaves in the breeze.

The focal point of the park was a man-made pond, meticulously designed to embody the essence of a traditional Japanese garden. Its tranquil surface mirrored the sky above, creating a stunning reflection of the wispy clouds and vibrant colors of the surroundings. Smooth, polished stones lined the edges of the pond, leading to a carefully crafted stone bridge - a symbol of harmony and transition.

Lush, meticulously manicured moss covered the banks, forming a velvety green carpet that invited peaceful contemplation. Sprinkled throughout the verdant expanse were carefully placed bonsai trees, their miniature forms embodying the enduring beauty of nature in its most concentrated state.

Small islands, adorned with vibrant flowers and delicate lanterns, floated gracefully in the pond. The rhythmic flow of water cascaded from a stone fountain in the center, its babbling sounds coaxing a feeling of tranquility and serenity.