6: LANSPRESADO

"A Lanspresado is a person who conveniently forgets their wallet before going somewhere, or who has another complicated justification for not having any cash on them. Said Person will often freeload"

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

CLÍODHNA EISDRACHEN POINT OF VIEW

Hera and Athena are in the front of the car. We are using Hera's car because we wouldn't fit in Mom's car. Athena doesn't know how to drive and I do have a license to drive but I just let my woman drive for us.

I'm in the back seat of her car, which I've never been in before. Alongside Hera is Athena. How embarrassing is it to ride in a woman's car? 

No one is talking. I'm thinking quietly and deeply about how to approach Hera because of what happened yesterday. 

"Ate, di'ba ito iyong manliligaw mo?"Despite being preoccupied with her phone, Athena asked her sister a question, which piqued my interest. She then showed a picture of a man from a social media post in which Hera is mentioned.

I'm patiently waiting for Hera to respond as I attentively watch her face in the rearview mirror. So someone is trying to court her? 

My heart ached somewhat, and I clenched my jaw. I didn't alter my expression in an effort to hide my own vulnerability. When I noticed Hera checking the rearview mirror for me, I made an effort to smile.

She is a professor, therefore being with anyone else is only natural for her. She is free to travel with whoever she chooses. I'll just assume that since I am aware that Hera is in love with my brother, she is not allowing another man to pursue her. No man will be allowed to court her.

"Hindi ko siya manliligaw Athena. He's my co-professor" Hera answered.

I put forth an effort to contain my smile of triumph. My brother would be the only man I would allow to compete with me for her affection. The only qualified competitor I will allow is Kuya.

I leaned against the window, opened it, and set my elbow on the glass. I looked away at the traffic we were going through. Since Sunday is the day that most families get together and gather, I believe it's only natural that it's always busy on Sunday. I have no idea. It hasn't happened to me yet. I've just realized that the majority of the vehicles snarled in this traffic are family vehicles.

"Ay akala ko pa naman" Athena said, then silence ate us again.

I was busy looking at the stagnant movement of cars when Athena, once again, spoke.

"I saw Kuya Knight last month in New York" she started.

Although I'm not looking, my ears are keenly tuned in to their motions and dialogue even though Hera is not speaking. In order to avoid making Hera feel uncomfortable, I'll just appear as though I don't care.

"So anong label niyo na? Frenemies parin ba ate?" Athena asked sarcastically. Hera flinched.

"One-sided love parin?" She added.

"Huwag mo usisahin ang love life ko" Hera answered, annoyed.

"Ate you're 25 and still single. Single since birth. Baka kumunat kana nyan" Athena jokingly said while her eyes were fixated on her sister.

Hera did not respond. She is not comfortable with the subject, as her silence indicates. She is not a war freak, so when she is angry or frustrated, she simply remains silent. Same with me, I'm just a better pretender.