Chapter 9. Fuel to the Fire.

Amy’s Story:

“What?” Yelled Carl Air -Fire as he slammed his fist on the table, letting out a big cloud of smoke from his cigarette cartridge and blew it towards Amy standing on the opposite side of the marble table centered in the middle of his office. “ I’m done with Air-Fire, I’m thinking of touring the globe again with Icon Soldier.” Explained Amy as she desperately wanted to end her contract with the board of CEO.’s and invested people of the sport. “ Miss. Air- Fire, your whole life has been Air- Fire, are you sure you just want to give up all of this, just to serve Icon?” asked a board women who almost chuckled at her. Amy was in a room with giants and she could feel the pressure of the men and women misunderstanding her frustration, and her need to retire. “ Amy the Semi- Finals are just starting, your willing to give up the game for personal, rebellion is a bad move and can contradict your contract with us,” Announced a lawyer of the board,  as all the members of the board looked either confused, or upset and disliked Amy’s decisions to leave Air- Fire.

Amy took a breath in, then she stared back at her nay-sayers, and her father and said,” I’ve been playing Air-Fire for seven years, my father made sure of me to never back down, to push hard, and fight to win.” She had all eyes on her, as she looked back at them with confidence. “ Air- Fire is my father’s sport, not mine, seeing he developed a habit of betting players over his own team,” she claimed as her father became beat red and embarrassed.  “ Do you have proof of your allegations Miss. Air- Fire?” Asked another lawyer who opened up a law book and thumbed through his tablet with his other hand, not even looking up at her. “ I do!” She said as she pulled a flash- com recorder and set the mini projector on the table. Turning it on, she drew everyone’s attention to the device, as they watched the images and audio of Carl, her father placing bets with multiple team members of opposite teams. The display sickened her, while her feelings were hurt as well. “ You see ladies and gentlemen, my father is violating of sport rules: That no owner is not aloud to place bets against his or her own team.” Stated Amy as she looked everyone in the eyes around the room, then to her father inferior of her. “ Mr. Air- Fire?” Asked a board member as he seemed small and full of humiliation. Mr. Air-Fire was uncomfortable as he grabbed his belongings and got up out his seat, he rushed to the door passing Amy without a look, as she still caring for her father looked at him from a side as a tear ran down her face. Before he exited the room he turned back to Amy and said,” I never loved you, I loved your brother Erick more!” Then he slammed the door and left Amy broken in front of the board. As she looked up she saw people who had just seen a girl get crushed emotionally, but rose to her feet. “ Miss Air-Fire, what are you going to do with the company, as you are the company’s newest owner!” Asked a board member, while they all stared in wait. “ I quit!” She said. Then she took her flash-com and barged out the office.

Walking down to the lobby she continued to think of her new decision and immediately went to her craft vehicle and flew downtown heading to Icon Towers.

She was guiding her craft  past air traffic, passing buildings with giant projections of commercial advertising, colors of lights glowed everywhere, and the smell of street food cooking from the streets below.  The sun glared in her windshield of her craft while she continued to merge into higher air traffic  allowing her to speed faster. She was close to Icon Towers, when she got a phone call from within her crafts audio mic. “ Agent Rose, welcome back to Icon Control!” said a voice she remembered very well coming through the audio.

“ High Guard Klaiver, it’s been a while, how’s Icon been treating you?!” She teased creating conversation. “ Honestly with how many calls we been getting, I need a raise!” He Joked while they laughed. Amy: or Agent Rose continued to get closer the entrance of Icon Control as she began to pass security ports. High Guard Klaiver gave her instructions to meet him on level seventeen for recording in the Recruiting and Reactivation Center.

She floated her craft vehicle into a parking stall and hopped out. Walking past other crafts she noticed Icon Soldiers and security everywhere within the entrance to the Towers.

“Please scan hand print?!” Asked an electronic voice as she got to a panel by the elevator. It ran diagnostics on her hand print as the Machiena looked for her in the system. Finally a loud computer noise alarmed and green light shown on the panel allowing her to enter the elevator. Ascending to the seventeenth level took a bit, she watched out the inside window of the elevator as she went up. “ Level Seventeen!” chimed a computer voice as Rose stepped out of the elevator and made her way down to the Recruiter Center. Entering a door at the end of the hall, she found a large room with Cryostasis Chambers lined up the wall side. Out of the blue came High Guard Klaiver, “ Agent Rose!”

Rose turned around to see a heavily metaled man come up to her. He smiled kindly and lead them down the wall of Cryostasis Chambers, for inside them were resting Icon Soldiers all dream-downloading their memories of their last service in Icon. “ Crazy what a little bit of sleep can do!” said Rose as she knew she would soon join these people in a state of sleep. “ “ Good thing it doesn’t hurt!” said High Guard Klaiver as he looked back at Rose who now looked ready to step back into Icon and serve its purpose. “ You ever shoot a goal knowing you would miss?!” Asked Klaiver while Rose got into a wet suit and opened the chamber door. She was ready to live her own purpose, and leaf her own life. “ Never!” she said smiling at High Guard Klaiver while he closed the chamber door and water began to fill up. Rose was free, or at least she felt that way, but really she was unknowing of what great adventure lay ahead of her.