THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY
jack of hearts

PUT ON A COLLAR AND GO UPSTAIRS TO THE CENTRAL GUARDROOM

For a moment, Kaori stopped breathing as her eyes landed on the collars displayed on the table. It felt like this game would be the real start of her second round. A Heart's game, in a prison, in a sense, felt scarier than the Spades' game thrown at them the previous day.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw Chishiya putting a collar around his neck and she reluctantly followed his lead. It's not like I have a choice...

They silently made their way upstairs, facing a dozen participants who had probably been waiting for a while already. Kaori noticed a few of them were sitting down, nervously biting their nails or shooting looks at anyone who dared to breathe too loudly.

A faint sound coming from the hallway behind her caught the girl's attention and she slowly spun on her heels, determined to find out where it was coming from and what was happening.

She located the sounds emanating from a cell, Kaori frowned before an actual grimace settled on her features when it became obvious that what she was hearing were moans.

A slap echoed against the walls and Kaori was quick to cover the giggle with her hand at such a suggestive noise. Are there actually people fucking in a game arena? And in a prison cell out of all places?! Come on, they're nasty as fuck.

She missed the amused look on Chishiya's face at her obvious shock, too focused on the cell the sounds were coming from.

A few minutes later, two people finally emerged from the room. The man was tall, dressed in a black suit and the woman had her eyes glued on her feet. Wait, that shit was super quick... I mean, I'd be pissed if I were her, I'm sure she faked the whole thing.

"Oh! It's... I know you!"

Kaori snapped her head to the side, seeing a man with overalls and a stripped tee shirt smiling at her with his eyes opened wide.

She gasped, "Oh! Oh yeah! Hi!"

"I'm not surprised to see you made it this far," the young man confessed. "Oh... Hm, I'm Ippei."

"Kaori," she smiled before her gaze landed on Chishiya's burning eyes. He was intrigued by the exchange happening in front of him. "I've been in a game with him, long ago."

Ippei firmly nodded, "She solved it in less than five minutes, that was so impressive!"

Kaori waved her hand disapprovingly, "That was just a level two game."

Chishiya smirked at her antics, she was not comfortable with compliments and it showed. He looked at Ippei, "I'm Chishiya."

Ippei smiled at the blonde and the trio turned silent. Kaori's heart missed a beat when a man appeared in the guardroom, recognizing his face immediately. A convicted serial killer had just walked in and the girl found it so ironic that he thought playing a game in the place he was probably locked in before they landed in this world seemed like a great idea to him.