Chapter 39: Best Friend

The on-site investigation work was carried out in an orderly manner.

As time goes by, the sky gradually becomes white.

The on-site inspection was completed, and no other obvious clues were found except for the mysterious footprints.

Shen Junci and Qi Yian worked hard together to collect the body. Because the bodies were burned and hard, it took a lot of effort for the two people to put the three corpses into body bags respectively.

The corpses were loaded onto the corpse truck, and the back was packed to the brim.

Lu Ying took the auxiliary police there and asked the nearby neighbors.

"How is their family?"

"This family is quite nice. We have lived here for so many years and have never made trouble." The neighbor thought for a while and said, "But it seems that they were afraid of someone."

"Who are you afraid of?" Lu Ying hurriedly asked, "Can you tell me more specifically?"

"We don't know very well. Just before the college entrance examination, Qiao Siwei's father would take her to and from school."

Lu Ying recorded this clue and asked: "Who often comes to their house?"

"It seems that not many people come here usually, but occasionally girls' classmates come over to do homework together."

After asking the neighbors, Bai Meng quickly found the mobile phone numbers of a family of three. All three mobile phones had been burned in the fire, and there was almost no possibility of recovery. However, the call records were preserved.

She looked at the call record and said: "Two calls came into Qiao Siwei's mobile phone this morning. I went to check. The caller is Qiu Xiaoxue, who is eighteen years old this year."

Lu Ying said: "At this age,s he seems to be Qiao Siwei's classmate."

As soon as he said this, he saw a young girl running from a section of the alley. The girl had long hair in a ponytail. She ran all the way downstairs. She looked up at the burned house, and her eyes filled with tears.

She ran outside the cordon and was stopped by Bai Meng.

"How could this happen...how could this happen..." The girl covered her mouth and trembled, then cried. She pulled Bai Meng and asked, "I rushed over when I heard the news. Has Qiao Siwei been rescued? Her... her family members..."

Bai Meng said: "All three of their family died in the fire last night."

Lu Ying asked her: "What is your name? Are you Qiao Siwei's classmate?"

The girl's tears kept flowing. After crying for a while, she wiped away her tears and stabilized her voice: "My name is Qiu Xiaoxue, and I am a classmate in her class. I called her this morning and no one answered."

Bai Meng comforted her with a few words and asked her: "We are investigating the cause of this fire. You are her classmate. Do you know some relevant information?"

Qiu Xiaoxue hesitated for a while and nodded: "I...I know something."

Bai Meng checked that there were still seats in the car, discussed it with Gu Yanchen, and said to the girl, "Then can you go to the city police with me? We may ask you for some information."

The police car carried Qiu Xiaoxue and a group of people back to the city police.

Shen Junci and Qi Yian went to dissect the body, while Gu Yanchen took Bai Meng to question Qiu Xiaoxue.