Chapter 38: Fire

Another quiet night.

At three o'clock in the morning, fire suddenly lit up the night sky in Penang, and flames spread from a house.

The fire burned in a two-story self-built house at the foot of the northern hills of Penang. Soon the entire house was surrounded by flames, and thick smoke billowed up into the sky.

The wind was very strong at night, and the fire spread quickly with the help of the wind, making a roaring sound.

The flames licked the bricks and tiles, dancing ferociously in the night wind. The scorching temperature was enough to swallow everything.

The nearby neighbors were woken up quickly and came to the window with sleepy eyes. Then they smelled the strong smell of smoke and saw the light of the fire. They were frightened to death.

They don't know who shouted first: "Fire!!"

Then the nearby lights came on one after another.

The situation was urgent, and the flames kept licking everything around them, and might even spread at any time, affecting the neighbors' courtyards.

At this time, it was obviously impossible to use basins and water basins to put out the fire.

"There's a house on fire! That direction isn't Old Qiao's house, is it?"

"Have their family escaped?"

"Why don't you call the police soon?! Such a fire is very dangerous!"

Firefighters rushed to the scene within minutes of reporting the fire alarm.

Two fire trucks sandwiched the front and rear of the house, and several firefighters quickly got out. High-pressure water pipes were used to spray continuously. After half an hour, the fire gradually became smaller and extinguished.

Firefighters entered the house, extinguished the remaining fire and inspected the scene of the fire, which killed a family of three.

After the firefighters and the local branch of criminal police inspected the scene, they had doubts about the cause of the fire and reported it to the city police.

Several police teams in the city police had unsolved cases, and the fire killed three people. It was considered a major incident, so the case was assigned to the Special Criminal Division.

Gu Yanchen was woken up at 4:30 in the morning. Then he called his team members one by one, and a team of people immediately gathered and rushed to the scene.

Before five o'clock in the morning, when Gu Yanchen and Shen Junci arrived, several other people had already arrived and had just finished handing over to the criminal police.

Lu Ying greeted them and couldn't help but yawned: "Damn it, if I had known that there would be field work so early today, I wouldn't have stayed up late to watch the game last night."

Gu Yanchen took Shen Junci to inspect the scene. Bai Meng was checking information on the side, but no one responded at all.

Lu Ying sighed: "I'm not the only one in our team watching the championship, right?"

Finally, Qi Yian answered in a low voice from the side, relieving the embarrassment: "That match was quite exciting, three to two, with a buzzer beater in the last thirty seconds."

Lu Ying said with dark circles under his eyes: "Thinking about someone staying up all night with me, I suddenly feel less sad."

Qi Yian told the truth: "I accidentally scanned the clip online on the way here..."