Chapter 14: Free Meal

When Shen Junci came out of the shower, he returned to his usual calm state.

Gu Yanchen had finished walking the dog and locked Wuliang on the balcony. He was sitting on the sofa, playing videos of Lan Jie's past debut on his mobile phone.

He saw Shen Junci coming out and turned to look at him.

Shen Junci changed into pajamas. He was already thin, but the pajamas were a bit big, making him look even more light.

An autopsy was performed during the day, so it was inevitable that he would be tainted with the smell of blood. Now that he had taken a shower, all those tense and unpleasant smells had dissipated.

Under the light, Shen Junci's skin turned white again, as if it could reflect light. At this time, he was wiping his hair, and the knuckles of his fingers showed a faint blood color.

Even if they were of the same sex, Gu Yanchen had to lament that Dr. Shen's appearance was a bit too delicate.

After drying her hair, Shen Junci raised her eyelashes, but the corners of her eyes were red, and even the whites of her eyes were a little red, making her look a little pitiful.

Gu Yanchen noticed the abnormalities and asked, "What's wrong with your eyes?"

Shen Junci didn't need to look in the mirror to know that his eyes were red. He explained: "I'm not used to using shampoo, it's a bit harsh on my eyes."

Gu Yanchen: "Then I'll go back and change it."

Shen Junci joked: "You make it sound like I will come here often to take a bath."

Just as he was about to leave, he found hot meals on the table in the living room. The house also smells good.

Gu Yanchen stood up from the sofa, walked to the table and pulled out a chair: "Let's have dinner together."

Shen Junci said: "No, I'm going back."

As he said this, he glanced at the table. There are homemade dishes and bought dishes, such as chopped beef with soy sauce, stir-fried mushrooms and cabbage, and a crucian carp soup, all of which he likes to eat.

After a long day of tossing, he had just finished taking a shower and was already hungry. He refused so duplicitously that his stomach growled honestly.

"I've done your share." Gu Yanchen said, "It's already quite late. Let's eat something. Think of it as an apology from the landlord."

Unable to refuse the hospitality, Shen Junci sat on the chair opposite, and Gu Yanchen helped him fill a bowl of fish soup with a spoon.

After he took a few bites, Gu Yanchen asked, "Does it still suit your taste?"

Shen Junci was busy eating and nodded.

Gu Yanchen asked him: "Do you cook over there?"

Shen Junci shook his head: "No, I always think it's not worth it to cook alone. Basically, order takeout."

The decoration of his room is very good, especially the kitchen, which is divided into Chinese and Western kitchens. This kind of room layout is rare now.

Shen Junci felt it was a bit wasteful to cook without turning on the fire.

But after a day's work, he seemed to have exhausted all his energy and just wanted to rest peacefully. Neither his physical strength nor his mental strength allowed him to do anything more. Letting him go into the kitchen again would literally kill him.

Gu Yanchen said kindly: "If you can do it yourself, you have to do it yourself. As police officers, we stay up late and go out in the field when we are busy. When you get older, you will know that eating well, sleeping well, and drinking plenty of water can keep you healthy. Especially It's about eating well, no matter what big things happen, if you can eat on time, you have to eat on time."