Chapter 10: Times have changed

Penang, Gu Yanchen's home.

It was another long night, and the moonlight shone on the city.

Most of the people were asleep, and everything was quiet.

Gu Yanchen opened his eyes, and he felt that he should be in a dream, but this dream was so vivid that he couldn't break free from it for a while.

The surroundings were extremely noisy and the smell of alcohol was everywhere. It was an extremely grand reception.

The smiling men and women, the ferocious faces, the shaking chips, and the constantly rotating turntable make people unconsciously want to immerse themselves in it crazily.

The money squandered, the hands reaching into the clothes, the delicious food and wine in the mouth. People were shouting loudly, laughing, extremely indulgent, showing the most primitive ugliness in luxury.

Then gunfire rang out.

The first shot hit the hanging lamp.

The surroundings were plunged into darkness, gunshots continued to ring out, it was a fierce battle.

He watched those people fall one after another, some he knew and some he didn't know, some good people and some bad people.

Among them was Xu Chenghuang, the underground emperor of Penang for many years. He would tremble and beg for mercy and cry bitterly in front of a gun.

Suddenly the scene changed, and Gu Yanchen found himself standing in front of Lin Xianglan's hospital bed.

Lin Xianglan's face turned gray and she held his hand tightly. Then he opened and closed his mouth and said to him with all his strength: "Gu Yanchen, you must help me take care of Lin Luo...help me take good care of him and keep an eye on him. That child is too stubborn...I can't trust him..."

He said, "Good".

Commissioner Lin seemed to have settled his worries and let out a long breath.

The scenes in his memory turned into fragments of dreams.

In his dream, he was looking for Lin Luo like crazy.

His phone couldn't be connected, so he turned off the phone altogether.

He finally found the young man in the KTV room. He seemed to be asleep, with his eyes closed tightly, but bright red blood bloomed like flowers on his white clothes...

Gu Yanchen suddenly opened his eyes and sat up. There was a layer of sweat on his forehead and his heart was beating fast.

It was dark all around, and he was sitting on the bed at home, having another curse-like dream.

Gu Yanchen stood up, lit a cigarette for himself, and walked out of the bedroom.

He opened a corner of the curtain and looked at the city in the darkness. The whole city was quiet, like a dormant beast, or like a bottomless quiet sea.

The smell of tobacco gradually soothed his heartbeat.

Five years have passed since Lin Xianglan's death, and Gu Yanchen still dreams about that time from time to time. When he was young, he thought it was like an experience that would always be forgotten as time passed. But today, Gu Yanchen is more and more convinced that some things will be remembered for a lifetime.

The impact of those experiences was deep in his bones.

It seemed like a part of him was left in the past, including that boy.