Chapter 33: Second Autopsy

After briefly communicating about the case, Commissioner Ding said he was going to have a meeting, opened the door of the conference room and walked to the left.

Gu Yanchen turned right and wanted to go back to the office. As soon as he came out, he saw Shen Junci standing not far from the conference room.

Seeing Gu Yanchen, Shen Junci was stunned for a moment, and then he explained apologetically: "I didn't mean to listen to you here."

Gu Yanchen said: "It's okay, we didn't discuss any confidential issues."

Shen Junci looked at Gu Yanchen. He heard a little bit about the conversation just now: " Captain Gu, what you just said makes sense. I don't want girls to lose the right to dive with the people they like because of this case."

Love is inherently sweet. If you cannot hold hands with your beloved and go up the mountain to watch the sunrise or dare not go into the water to watch the beautiful scenery together, then that is a loss in life.

Then Shen Junci said again: "I came to see you just now because I have something I want to tell you. I watched the video again and found some details. I suspect that Liao Yinghan might have put something in Zhong Xiao's mouth at that time. So the mouth is so tight that she can't breathe freely."

Gu Yanchen also remembered that although the image was blurry, Liao Yinghan made one move, reaching out to pull Zhong Xiaoke, and then seemed to put something on the woman's mouth and nose.

He suddenly remembered the confession of the lifeguard at the beach: "The people who rescued them also said that they saw something floating on the sea."

Maybe that's what covered Zhong Xiaoke's mouth.

Shen Jun said: "I am now going to go to the corpse storage room to conduct a second corpse inspection."

Gu Yanchen looked at the time: "Let's go together."

They walked to the basement of the forensic building together. Shen Junci filled out the procedures, got the key, and opened the cabinet where Zhong Xiaoke's body was stored.

The refrigerator was opened, the woman's body was lying calmly inside, and a blast of cold air came out.

The frozen body was even paler than when it was first autopsied.

When the white mist of the air-conditioning dissipated, Shen Junci took a closer look at the face of the female corpse: "Sure enough, potential damage marks appeared."

Gu Yanchen also discovered that a circle of light brown marks appeared around the mouth of the corpse, as if something had been pressing on her mouth.

Gu Yanchen asked: "Why can't this mark be seen on the previous corpse?" He clearly remembered that there was no such scar on the previous corpse.

Shen Junci explained: "If the corpse is stored at -2°C for 24 hours before being examined, some inconspicuous marks on the surface of the corpse will become obvious. This is especially effective for minor injuries after falling into the water. So there are at that time, the forensic doctor needs to conduct a second examination of the body."

This scar was obviously not caused by the respirator. Shen Junci carefully checked and measured it, and then sent a message to Qi Yian, asking him to come again to take photos and collect evidence, and added this to the forensic report.

Gu Yanchen observed it for a while: "This shape reminds me of the mask of an oxygen inhaler."

Shen Junci nodded: "Similar things are also used when measuring lung width."

Gu Yanchen suddenly remembered something. He took out his mobile phone and searched for Zhong Xiaoke's Weibo VLOG. When introducing diving equipment, there was such a thing in Liao Yinghan's luggage...