Chapter 15: Memories

Shen Junci returned home, and the incense in the house had been extinguished.

He took off his clothes, and there was a long scar on his chest, but the scar was old, and his activities were not affected now.

After changing clothes, Shen Junci lay on the bed.

Then he thought carefully about the night's events.

Shen Junci didn't know if it was because the water used in the bath today was a bit hot, but Shen Junci felt that his cheeks were still a bit hot.

He suddenly remembered the scene when he and Gu Yanchen had dinner together in the past.

The scene at that time was far from as harmonious as it is now, and even thinking back on it, it still made him feel a little sour.

In his memory, the first official meeting with Gu Yanchen was in the hospital.

It was the day Lin Xianglan died, and he suddenly received a notification call from an unknown number. The phone call said that Lin Xianglan was sick and was critically ill and was being rescued by doctors.

At that time, he rushed to the hospital in a hurry. In the emergency room, he watched a bed being rolled out.

He did not lift the white cloth covering the corpse's face. Judging from the outline of the body, he knew that the person pushed out was Lin Xianglan.

In the end, he didn't have time to see his father for the last time.

After the doctor introduced him to the rescue process, he asked him to sign according to regulations.

He took the pen blankly and wrote his name.

Looking at Lin Xianglan's body, he felt unreal.

Sadness, fear, fear, helplessness, all kinds of emotions filled his brain.

The person who accompanied Lin Xianglan before his death was his father's subordinate in the police force, the person who called to inform him. He remembered that his name was Gu Yanchen.

He asked Gu Yanchen who was standing in front of the bed: "Why didn't you call me earlier?"

Gu Yanchen didn't have much explanation: "I called you after I got the doctor's notification of critical condition."

Uncle Yang, the detachment leader, tried to smooth things over: "Luo Luo, it was your father who said it wasn't serious and don't disturb your studies. The doctor said he would speed up the rescue. We didn't expect that he would die so quickly..."

The incident happened suddenly and his condition took a turn for the worse.

He also understood that Gu Yanchen was just informing others and could not blame him, but he still felt a tightness in his chest, and there was a rage that he didn't know where to vent.

He felt that he should be the one staying with his father in the end, not a stranger he didn't know at all.

His mother passed away early, and he had long forgotten what it felt like to have a relative pass away, but the moment he saw his father's body, he understood what death meant.

The person who was still chatting and laughing with him yesterday suddenly lay on the bed, with a white sheet covering his face. He could no longer speak or breathe. He turned into a pile of soulless flesh. From the moment breathing stops, the process of decay begins.

He stayed in the hospital for a long time that day, feeling like a zombie, being pushed around by many things.

In the corridor of the hospital, the lights were pale.