Chapter 5: Special Criminal Division

5:30 pm, Penang Police Department.

Commissioner Ding called the two of them to the Commissioner's office and poured tea for them and himself.

"I'm really sorry. I thought the exercise would end earlier, but I made Forensic Doctor Shen wait for a long time." Commissioner Ding continued, "I already introduced you two. Now let's get straight to the point. This time I organized this special criminal department and chose you two as the backbone of the department. Gu Yanchen is the section chief and the team leader. Shen Junci who was transferred from the provincial department, is the forensic doctor of the Special Criminal Division, and who is mainly responsible for the cases of the Special Criminal Division."

Gu Yanchen sat on the chair and hummed.

Shen Junci picked up the teacup and lowered his head to drink tea.

Commissioner Ding cut to the topic: "You may have doubts. Do you think why I set up a separate division when the Penang Police already has five criminal police divisions?"

After asking the question, the old Commissioner waited for the two people in front of him to answer. His eyes slid over the two young subordinates sitting across him.

Shen Junci shook his head, expressing that he knew nothing.

Gu Yanchen said: "The commissioner must have considered something."

Commissioner Ding also said bluntly: "Before starting work, I think I should communicate my thoughts and ideas clearly with you."

He sighed and said: "This idea was inspired by my daughter. She works in the media. One day she asked me: 'Dad, why do we have to wait so long every time until you announce the police report? Everyone's attention is gone then. Yes, you haven't solved the case yet. Your Penang Police Department is so big, don't you have criminal police who can quickly investigate and solve cases?' Since then, I've been thinking about this problem since I came to the city last year."

"A series of reforms started after the Police Department presided over the work. I think we still have some problems in our work. Especially in the area of ​​criminal investigation, outsiders may say, slow down and be steady to prevent unjust, false, and wrongly decided cases. But in fact, we know clearly in our hearts that a lot of time is wasted."

"In the past, many cases were either due to the limited ability of the investigators or insufficient authority, requiring approval at various levels. The police were intimidated, and cross-departmentalization was like a mountain. The actual efficiency of solving the case was very low. When it comes to difficulties, the coordination of several departments has become a game of football. It takes a whole day to adjust the monitoring, and it takes weeks or even months to solve the case. But now it is different from the past. The Internet is so developed, and we are under the supervision of the people. The past pace of criminal investigation is no longer suitable for this. The police must quickly solve the case and announce the truth to convince the public and not let the people down."

Shen Junci and Gu Yanchen listened to what Commissioner Ding said.

Now that the Internet has been extremely developed, some cases would be exposed on the Internet as soon as they happen.

Instead, the police announcement had to run behind the media.

While people retweeted and watched, some people complained of grievances on the Internet, and netizens began to rise up.

Several parties insisted on their own opinions, and if they were not handled properly, it would affect public opinion.

In such a situation, whether the case could be solved quickly and correctly would affect the credibility of the police.

"With the development of modern criminal investigation, our current scientific and technological means are getting more and more advanced. For some special cases of public concern, it is necessary to solve the case quickly, reduce unnecessary pulling links, and explain to the public. While pursuing speed, you must also be aware of the details, so that there can be no unjust, false, or wrongly decided cases."