Chapter 23: Resentment

It was around five o'clock in the afternoon, sitting next to the car repair shop.

Gao Xuan was finally willing to talk about his relationship with Xu Yabei.

"To be precise, I am not Xu Yabei's boyfriend. She rarely even agrees to date me and only occasionally chats with me. Once I invited her to dinner and when we entered the restaurant together, I held her hand. At that time, Xu Yabei threw his hand away immediately, with an expression of disgust on her face."

"When she was dating me, she was dealing with messages from other men at the same time, and I understood right then."

Having said this, Gao Xuan smiled bitterly: "What should I be called, spare tire? Kite? Or the fish in her fish pond? I was a little confused at that time, she would believe anything she said, and I should save my money, treat her to dinner, and give her expensive gifts. But you tell me, how could she elope with someone like me?"

Gu Yanchen asked: "Then why did she date you and tell her mother about you?"

Gao Xuan said: "She is using me as a tool to fight against her family and take revenge, because I am opposite to her mother's upbringing. On the surface, being with me can make her mother crazy. She said she wanted to elope with me, probably because she was angry with her mother."

"What other things did she tell you?" Lu Ying asked again.

Gao Xuan hesitated: "I don't know many things. The only things Xu Yapei told me..."

Gu Yanchen said: "It doesn't matter, no matter how big or small the matter is, just tell us the truth. You said everyone in their family is sick, what do you mean?"

Gao Xuan then said: "Although I have not had good grades since childhood, my family members are pretty good. I have never seen a family like that. The relationship between family members is not like relatives, but like enemies. Everything I have done Everything is for the purpose of hurting each other. She was doing well in graduate school, but she had to drop out and become a preschool teacher because she wanted to go against her mother."

He thought for a while and gave a few more examples: "Her mother has a strong desire to control and always requires her daughters to be very obedient. In the end, it backfired."

Gu Yanchen thought that when he asked Tang Lu about the situation, Tang Lu said that her daughter's rebellious phase came late, but this seemed to be too late and too violent.

She is using her actions to resist her mother's suppression of her. Whatever life her mother has planned for her, she must not live that way.

Gao Xuan recalled for a while and then said: "Xu Yapei complained to me that when she was a child, her mother enrolled her in many study classes and asked her to learn things she didn't like, such as singing, dancing, playing the piano, etc. All her rest time was taken away. But these were not for her to increase her talents. Her mother didn't care whether she liked it or not, and she didn't let her take the exams, let alone study art. They were just for her to perform in front of her relatives."

"Every Chinese New Year, she felt like a puppet at the front desk, embarrassed to perform with her sister in front of relatives. Her mother would tell her relatives how difficult it was to raise two children by herself and how much effort she had to put in. It was so hard to train them. She was showing off her so-called great motherly love. This scene happened every year until she was fifteen years old, and she refused, and her mother got furious."

When Gu Yanchen heard this, he thought of Shen Junci's findings during his previous autopsy. This explained why Xu Yapei's bones showed changes but was abandoned halfway.