Chapter 34: Pretending to be Sick

Night, Gu Yanchen's house.

Shen Junci recalled that it was the last day of the college entrance examination.

Even after so many years, he still remembered that day clearly.

Other parents took their children to the exam center, bid goodbyes and stood at the door waiting for their children to come out, and brought hot meals to them as soon as they got home. But he was alone, and even the food he bought himself from the small restaurant downstairs.

On the last day of the exam, maybe there was something wrong with his breakfast. He felt uncomfortable in the morning. At noon, he didn't dare to eat. His stomach hurt so much that he broke into a cold sweat.

He couldn't stand it anymore and called Lin Xianglan.

As a result, Lin Xianglan used the same old rhetoric at that time: "Luo Luo, I am at a critical moment here. You can overcome it. There is medicine in the cabinet at home..."

He took over the words: "I have been taking the relevant medicine for half a year."

Lin Xianglan opposite was obviously stunned.

He hung up the phone and went to the drugstore downstairs to buy some, hoping that Lin Xianglan might as well rely on himself.

During the second half of the afternoon exam, he almost lay on the table. His eyes were so painful that he wanted to die. The examiner noticed something was wrong with him and asked him if he needed help calling the emergency school doctor. He refused the teacher's help and insisted on finishing the exam.

Finally, he persisted until the bell rang. Everyone else was celebrating the end of the college entrance examination, but he felt alone and helpless.

Later, he finally returned home and curled up in bed for a long time. Finally feeling better, he vaguely heard someone knocking on the door outside.

Through the door, he heard the man say: "Lin Luo, are you at home? I am your father's colleague. He asked me to bring you some medicine. If you are really uncomfortable, I will accompany you to the hospital."

He thought that he must be pale and extremely embarrassed. Instead of opening the door, he replied angrily: "He sent you to see if I am dead, right?"

Where does he when he wants these cold medicines?

And now that the exams are over, what's the point of coming again?

At noon, he hoped that Lin Xianglan could help him.

As a father, even if you can't drive him to the hospital or clinic, you can always give him a few words of comfort.

He didn't believe that Lin Xianglan didn't even have time to return the phone call.

Then he reflected that he shouldn't lose his temper with strangers, and said to the person: "Thank you, I'm fine. You can go back. I will call if you feel uncomfortable again."

The man seemed uneasy and waited at the door for a while. Seeing that he never opened the door, he could only say: "Then... I will hang the medicine at the door for you first."

Ten minutes later, when it was quiet outside, he opened the door and saw several boxes of medicine hanging on the door handle.

He opened the bag and found a note inside with a phone number written on it and a sentence below: I wish since the college entrance examination is over and your life will start a new chapter. If Commissioner Lin is too busy, you can contact me.

He thought it was just a polite word, but when he wanted to throw away the note, his hand stopped again. After all, it was the first blessing he received for the college entrance examination. It might have some commemorative meaning, so he tucked the note away into the book on the table.