Chapter 13: Drowning

In the afternoon, the City Police's autopsy room.

Shen Junci and Qi Yian faced Fang Zhengrong's body.

Due to being soaked in water, the flesh of the corpse has changed to a tactile feel that can be felt through gloves.

The half-rotted internal organs were exposed from the blade.

After cutting through the peritoneum, the abdominal organs were clearly visible, and then the chest was opened. Qi Yian took a rongeur and prepared to break the ribs.

Shen Jun said: "Don't use this, a smaller one is enough. You have to learn to use skillful strength instead of brute force."

Qi Yian changed one and handed it to Shen Junci, who looked at it carefully.

Shen Junci's movements were gentle and almost silent.

Then Shen Junci handed the small rongeur to Qi Yian and asked him to practice with it. They quickly opened the sternum and exposed the chest cavity.

The lights in the dissecting room shone brightly.

All these are characteristics of death by drowning.

Time passes by seconds.

The scalpel made a slight sound as it sliced ​​through the flesh. Hemostatic forceps were used to pick up the internal organs and open the mesentery.

Shen Junci's expression remained unchanged and he concluded in a deep voice.

"Hydroemphysema, there are rib indentations in the lungs, depressions formed by finger pressure, and drowning spots can be seen."

"There is bleeding in the accessory respiratory muscles."

"Hemorrhage in the petrous part of the temporal bone."

"There was a large amount of drowning fluid in the stomach, and the time of death was approximately one hour after the meal."

Qi Yian cooperated and took some pathological materials on the table nearby.

The body fluids dripped down the grooves under the autopsy table and merged into the cleaning pool below.

Blood, internal organs, drowning fluid, everything that needed to be tested was quickly extracted.

Finally, there was the head. After Shen Junci finished shaving Fang Zhengrong's hair, he looked at the back of his head. There was a small contusion, which was so shallow that you couldn't see it without looking carefully.

The autopsy was completed and the body was sewn up again.

Before getting off work in the afternoon, the microbial analysis was out.

Qi Yian received the message and brought it over: "Drowning is similar, several types of diatoms are suitable, and it has entered a large cycle."

Shen Junci let out a light sigh and took the report to read.

The autopsy results showed that Fang Zhengrong died of drowning.

The key question becomes where he drowned.

Shen Junci has been exposed to some cases of ectopic drowning and being thrown into the water. The water quality is different, and the truth can be determined based on the diatom test in the drowning liquid.

And now, the diatoms in the fishing ground have entered the circulation in Fang Zhengrong's body.

This is irrefutable evidence.

Is there something about this that they don't know yet?

It was past the end of the day, and the two forensic doctors packed up and went home.