~ Chapter Fourteen

General pov*
It's now been a month since Hailey and her family have reconnected. Her and Josh have been to the park a few times with Paisley and Kaiden. Even though Paisley is too little to even leave Hailey's arms. Kaiden runs around, sometimes with Josh chasing him. Hailey watches in awe, jealous that Paisley probably won't have that.

Hailey's pov*
"What have we got?" Voight asks, walking into the bullpen.

"Not much Sarge. We have pod footage of the car in the back alley. Apart from that we have nothing." Adam replies.

"Okay then, run the plates. I want this guy in lock-up by the end of shift. He killed an Alderman's wife. We don't rest until we find this prick." Voight explains.

"On it sarge." Everyone replies, continuing to gather anymore information.

A few minutes later Ruzek pipes up.

"I've got an address." Everyone gets up and gathers around his desk.

"The plates lead back to 34 West Lincoln." Adam continues.

"Hit it." Voight orders.

After a few hours of working, we finally have our lead suspect in custody. The owner of the car had lent his car to a kid that he likes to help out.

However, the kid never returned the car. We went to his aunt's house and found him, along with the car parked in the garage.

"Hailey, you have a visitor downstairs." Platt says, after coming up to the bullpen.

"Do you know who it is?" I ask, confused as to who it could be.

"Says she's your mom." Trudy shrugs.

"Just her?" I ask, not wanting my dad to be here.

"Yeah, she's alone." Trudy replies confused.

"Okay, can you let her up?" I also ask.

"Sure." She smiles at me.

"Thanks Sarge." I smile back.

Once Trudy goes back downstairs, I lean over my desk with my head in my hands.

"You good Hail?" I hear Kim say from across the room.

I lift my head and give her a small smile.

"Yeah."

Just then, I can hear footsteps coming from the stairs. I look over to see Trudy along side my mom. She's wearing a jumper, I know exactly what that means.

"Hey, Baby." My mom smiles at me.

"Hey." I awkwardly smile in return.

I get up from my chair and walk over to her.

"What's up?" I ask, whilst walking towards her.

"Do you have anywhere we can talk?" She says nervously.

She looks down at her hands and I can tell she's upset.

"What did he do?" I ask firmly.

She looks up at me and says, "not here." I grab my mom's hand and lead her to the breakroom quickly. I shut the door behind us and look at my mom.

"Talk to me." I say.

She let's out a sigh and begins to speak. "Your dad came home drunk again last night. He kept going on about you. How he saw you a few weeks ago in some bar. I accidentally let it slip that we're in contact."

I stare at her blankly, before opening the door and walking out of the room.

"Hailey." She says as she grabs my hand.