~ Chapter Two

Hailey's pov*
Paisley and I have been living with Zoey for about 2 weeks and there are still no leads about where Garrett may be. There was no evidence of anyone else being at the apartment, and all of the blood belonged to Garrett. The case was moving nowhere and it looks like it is going to stay that way.

I have been going to work as normal to try and keep my mind on something else. For the past 2 weeks I have either been at work or spending time with Paisley. She's only 6 weeks old so she needs alot of attention which I am more than happy to give to her. She keeps my mind occupied and she keeps me in a good mood. She is the only reason that I can still get out of bed.

In the morning*

I woke up to my alarm as usual, going off at 6:30am. I got out of bed and started to get ready for work since Paisley was still asleep. Once I had a shower and was dressed I started to head into Paisley's room. It's only small since we still live with Zoey, but it's fine for her since she's only a baby. I've started looking at new apartments since I just can't bring myself to go back home without Garrett. That was our home and it won't be the same without him.

I woke Paisley up and took her back into my room. I started to nurse her until she had enough. Once she had finished I held her close to my chest, just wanting to cuddle her and never let her go. I read my clock and it said 7:15am. I'm usually at work by 7:30 so I set Paisley back into her crib and left the apartment.

Once I arrived at work my boss told me that I needed to head over to a bank. The bank had been robbed and a homicide had taken place. I raced to the scene and walked in.

As I walked through the doors I saw some uniforms and said, "I need you outside to move the yellow tape back 50 yards and roll in the crime lab."

I saw a sargent stood infront of me and then said, "Detective Upton, Robbery-homicide."

"Hank Voight, Intelligence." He replied.

"Well I appreciate the help Sargent but as of now this is my scene."

"My team recovered evidence, and saved a woman's life. Were running point." He said whilst turning away.

"Im from Robbery-homicide. There's been a robbery and a homicide here. So I'd appreciate it if you vacated my crime scene." I said, walking away.

While I was working the scene I got a call from my boss telling me to meet him at the 21st district, so I did. When I got there we walked up the stairs and had a conversation with Sargent Voight. My boss handed over the case to Voight's unit, however, he asked if I could work with them. I decided that I would since I have been after this crew for a while.

4 hours later*

The case was finally solved and I was about to head out when Detective Halstead told me that Voight wanted to see me. I went back upstairs to Voight's office and he told me that he had a spot open in Intelligence if I wanted it. I decided to accept his offer and went home with a smile on my face.

Zoey's pov*
When Hailey got home she had the biggest smile on her face.

"Hey Hails, what's going on?" I asked.

"I'm moving over to the Intelligence unit." She said smiling.

"That means better pay, a better life for me and Pais. Granted the hours aren't exactly solid, but I'll finally be able to get a new apartment!"

"I'm so proud of you Hailey. I'm gonna miss you in Robbery-homicide." I said.

"I'm gonna miss you too Zo." She replied, hugging me tight.