~ Chapter Eleven

General pov*
Once they all arrived back at the district it was only 12:30 since they had an early start. This was a pretty easy case to solve so all that was left to do was paperwork.

Hailey's pov*
When we all got back to the district there was a patrolman working Trudy's desk.

"Hey man, where's Platt?" I ask whilst walking up to him.

"She went upstairs, said she was gonna put your baby down for a nap." He smiles.

"Thanks." I smile back.

As the team and I walk up to the bullpen we can hear faint crying, gradually getting louder. I walk a little quicker into the breakroom, where I assume Trudy would be, and there is my baby, crying hysterically.

"Oh baby, come here." I say, in my baby voice, as I take her out of Trudy's arms. As soon as she is in my arms, and laying against my chest, she falls quiet.

"Hallelujah." Trudy laughs.

"Was she that bad?" I also laugh.

"She was crying for atleast 30 minutes." She replies.

"Sorry, I'll get someone to come pick her up soon." I smile.

"Don't worry, there's no rush." She smiles as we walk out into the bullpen.

I manage to take my jacket off while still holding Paisley, and I place it over the back of my chair. I sit down with Paisley still against my chest and pull out my phone from my pocket.

First I message Zoey, knowing that it's her day off today, and ask her if she could take Pais. She tells me that she can get to the district in just over an hour. I then read a message from Olivia, telling me that her mom's okay but she will need a few days off. I send her a quick reply, telling her that she can take all the time she needs. I put my phone down on my desk and begin my paperwork, whilst Paisley is sleeping calmly against me.

After a few minutes, my phones starts to buzz. I turn it over and read my brother's name. I answer after a few more seconds.

"Hey, I can't talk right now." I say quietly into my phone.

"Hailey, Andrew just called me. Mom's in the hospital." He says quickly.

"What?" I say louder, "Why? What happened?" I ask.

At this point everyone is looking at me. I stand up with Paisley and head down to the locker room. I shut the door and sit down on the bench opposite my locker.

"Josh, what happened?" I ask firmly.

"I don't know. The hospital called Andrew because he's her emergency contact." He replies.

"Is she okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Hailey, I don't know. I'm heading over there now, you going?" He asks.

"Do you know if dad's there?" I ask hesitantly.

"Doesn't sound like it. It's gonna be fine Hails, mom's gonna be fine." He says.

"Alright, I'll try be there soon." I reply.

"Love you sis."

"Love you, too."

After I put the phone down Paisley is looking at me with a smile. I kiss the top of her head and she lets out a quiet giggle. I re-adjust Paisley's position in my arms and head back out to the bullpen.

I walk past everyone and straight into Voight's office, shutting the door behind me.

"What can I help you with Upton?" He asks.