~ Chapter Twelve

Hailey's pov*
Kim and I sat down a few minutes ago, waiting for the cops to leave. I'm still worrying about my dad turning up, but I know Kim will have my back.

"Hailey." I hear from across the room.

I look up and see Josh stood with Andrew. Josh points his head in the direction of our mom's room and he walks away, leaving Andrew stood in the same place. I get up and start to walk towards her room.

"Hailey I-" he doesn't even get the chance to finish what he wanted to say as I walk past him and completely ignore him.

Kim's pov*
Me and Hailey were sat down for a few minutes until her brother let her know that she could see their mom. There was another person stood next to her brother which I assume must be another brother of hers.

However, when she gets up he tries to talk to her but she completely ignores him and walks past. I'm not quite sure what that was about.

Hailey's pov*
I manage to catch up to Josh and we walk into the room together. I take in a deep breath and prepare myself since I haven't talked to her in years. Josh pushes the door open and we walk in together. Andrew comes in a few seconds after us. Our mom sits up and takes a look at us all. I guess she hasn't seen any of us.

I thought maybe Andrew and Josh would have visited her. But none of us did. I felt bad.

"Oh sweet girl, what happened?" She asks, looking at me.

After she asks me I'm confused and have no idea what she's talking about. Then I remember my nearly healed cuts and bruises that are on my face.

"Nothing. It's fine, I'm fine." I give her a small smile.

"What happened?" She asks again.

"It really doesn't matter mom. Please." I say, not wanting to re-live it all.

"But you know you can talk to me." She looks me in the eye. At this point I know exactly what she is implying.

"Mom it's not that. I'm not even with anyone." I laugh a little to reassure her.

She gives me a smile and Josh puts his arm around my shoulders. He knows where the cuts and scrapes came from, but he doesn't know everything.

After a minute, mom opens her arms and all three of us walk over to her bedside. We all share a group hug and enjoy the moment and are happy to have eachother back in our lives.
__________

Kim came into the room a few minutes ago to let me know that she had to head back to the district, since they caught a case. But I didn't mind. I feel safe now. My dad is nowhere to be seen which makes me feel at ease.

My brothers and I are all sat around the room on the different chairs that are placed around the bed.

"Why don't we all go for lunch sometime?" Mom suggests.

"Yeah, sure. Sounds nice." I smile at her.

"Are kids allowed?" Josh asks.

"You don't." Mom says shocked and smiling.

"I do." Josh laughs.

"I'm a Yaya?" She asks as she starts to well up.

"Yeah you are. You have a grandson. He just turned two." Josh replies.

She pulls him into a hug and savours the moment. A part of me is jealous that Josh isn't scared of dad hurting his son. I'm jealous that he isn't afraid to tell people about him. Pais is the love of my life. I never knew love until I had her. The love that I have for her is indescribable. If anything happened to her I don't know what I would do with myself.