Chapter 19: Things Don't go as planned

Lilith didn't think, she just cut. She cut her own father's head clean off while her girlfriend and friends were fighting off guards around her. In the middle of his throne room where everyone could see.

The guards around her didn't even take notice of who she was until she turned back around, blood covering her hands and sword.

"Princess... We thought you were-"One of the guards started. Lilith interrupted, "Dead? No. I've been with the rebellion. Hiding and waiting to kill my father." She said, looking over at Silvia, who was stopped in her tracks by one of the guards.

She looked around to find Gabe and Faye both tied up with daggers pointed straight at their throats. "Let them go." She shouted at the guards. "But your highness-" the same guard stepped in to answer. "But nothing. I am still of royal blood. Your job is to protect and obey. So obey." Her voice was stern now.

All three of them were let go. Not because all of the guards respected their moral code, but because they were scared of Lilith. Silvia ran straight to her and hugged her. This was not a, "I'm so proud of you hug," but more like an "Are you ok?"hug. And if she was being completely honest, the answer was no.

Lilith hugged her back, finally feeling safe again in her girlfriend's warm embrace. "I did it." Lilith whispered into her ear. "You did." Silvia responded, pulling away. "But if you ever do anything like that again, I swear to God Lilith! You almost gave me a heart attack, never do that again!" Silvia shouted.

"Never do what again? Kill my father in the name of a rebellion? I'm pretty sure that can only happen once." Lilith joked. "You idiot." Silvia said before kissing her girlfriend. "Ahhhhh" Lilith heard a scream from the direction of the doors. Her mother.

"Lilith? Is that really you?" Her mother said, not looking concerned, but angry. Lilith didn't say anything, instead she held Silvia in her arms tightly and glared at her mother. "How could you do this!? Do you have any idea what you've done you stupid child!?" She yelled.

Just then, all the torches in the throne room went out, making it hard to see. Then the doors burst open so powerfully it knocked Lilith's mother down. A woman walked into the throne room, her hand glowing bright red. A magic user, but Lilith had never seen red magic before. "No no no no!" Her mother cried, still on the floor.

"Who are you?" Lilith demanded, Silvia was now shaking in her arms, something that had never happened. "My name is Emerald. Emerald Holloway. But you can call me mother."

"What..."