Chapter 5: A Choice To Make

Lilith wasn't thinking but it just slipped out. "Yes." All her life she was taught to never go against the king, but she had just done exactly that. "How about this? I find a way where you can stay with us, and we still get our money. Or you can go back to your perfect little life and marry that perfect little prince that's waiting on you back home." Silvia said, reaching into her pocket.

She pulled out Lilith's bracelet. "You can either choose to go back, or to never set foot in that castle again." Silvia said, now holding the bracelet in front of Lilith. "Will I really be welcome here? This is the rebellion after all. I'm of royal blood. What if...", "What if they try to kill you?" Silvia finished her sentence that she was clearly too scared to finish herself.

"Yes. And if I stay here nothing will be the same, right?" Lilith didn't know what she was saying anymore. She had a great life, she was protected by guards, she got the best food and clothing. So why did she feel like something was wrong? Like she didn't belong there? "Nope. Here you'll just be an average member of the rebellion. Here you will be free to do what you want and speak out against the kingdom and your father."

"There have been some things that I didn't agree with that I wish didn't have to happen. And what if-" Lilith was interrupted by a finger to her lips. "Would you stop it with the "what if's". It's really just a matter of what you think right and wrong is. Do you not agree with the way your father rules? And if so, why go back to that when you have to option to be free of him?"

Lilith thought about it for a second. She really didn't agree with the way her father ruled. Unnecessarily killing people, being willing to start wars. Was that how she wanted things to be?, "Ok, what do I do?" Lilith asked, looking back at Silvia, who was now smiling.

"So you want to stay here? Well, first you have to help me with something." She said, crossing her arms. "I know, I know. Get you your money." Lilith said quickly. "And-" Silvia started, "And? What more do you want?", " Information. If you are serious about staying you have to help us and right now, your the only one here who knows the castle inside and out. So, do we have a deal?" Silvia put out her hand.

"I guess we do. Silvia."