Chapter 15: Before They Take Their Leave

Lilith had almost no words. She knew this would happen sooner or later but she hadn't thought it would happen so soon. She was really about to help the rebellion infiltrate the castle and- well she didn't know what they were doing yet.

"Why now? What are you going to do?" Lilith turned to Silvia. "Well...we were planning on..." Silvia apparently couldn't find the words again but she gave a very sympathetic look that Lilith understood immediately. "You're going to kill my parents." Lilith said for her.

"It's ok if you don't want to be there but we do need information like how to get in and the guards schedules."Silvia said frantically trying to find a solution to Lilith feeling sad. Oddly enough, Lilith didn't need her to. She had realized that she hadn't really cared what happened to her parents. Even if they were killed.

"No. I want to be there. I want to see the people who ignored and mocked me for so many years to only see me as they die."Lilith got a boost of confidence and suddenly felt like she could take on the world."Well, well, well I guess we've taught you well, Princess."Gabe said, putting his arm around her. Honestly some times Lilith questioned if he really liked men.

"Would you move your arm off of me. And how many times have I said to not call me Princess." Lilith scolded him trying to push his arm away himself. Why was he so heavy?"What are you going to do if I don't? Princess." Now he had done it. "If you don't move your arm in the next two seconds I swear to God Gabe you won't have one." Lilith continued to scold him. He finally moved him arm, in fear of only having one.

As he moved his arm, Lilith caught a slight glimpse of Silvia smiling at their stupidity. Lilith then found herself smiling too. "Well, I think it's settled then. Lilith is coming with us."

Lilith continued to tell them where the guards were stationed, their schedules, and the best way to get to the throne room."Why the throne room specifically?" Faye questioned her. "That's where they spend the majority of their time. Plus, tomorrow is a festival. People always go and ask questions to my parents before that. I was required to attend most of the time. That's where they'll be " Lilith looked so sure.

"If Lilith says it, it must be true. She knows the king and queen better than anyone." Silvia walked behind her and put her hand on Lilith's shoulder. "Ok. It's settled then. We infiltrate the palace tomorrow at noon. It won't be easy but then again, when is it ever?" Silvia asked.

"Silvia." Lilith turned to face her. "What is it?" Silvia looked back at her. "What about the servants? Won't any of them see us?" Lilith asked. "Don't worry about that. Once I send words to them, our spies in the castle will keep most people away from where we are going." Silvia said with a smile. "Since when were there spies in the castle?" Lilith now looked to everyone. "Since always." Gabe said.

"Ok then. Well we better get packed for tomorrow. We're going to be on the road for quite some time." Irma said, holding open the tent flap. "We're?"Lilith asked looking at Irma. "You're coming too?""Irma comes on every mission with us. We have to have someone there to help if we are wounded." Oliver said like it was obvious.

"Aren't any of you worried about her getting hurt? I mean she's just a old lady." Lilith said, concerned. They all started laughing. "What's so funny?" Lilith asked, looking at Faye. "Irma is the strongest magic user in the whole rebellion. She can take very good care of herself." Faye said, reassuring Lilith. "Ok well we really should get packing." Silvia said, starting to walk out. Lilith followed along with the others.

Lilith went to her tent, which was right next door to Silvia's, and started to pack all of her food, weapons, and clothes that she had. She stepped outside with her saddle bag and set it on her horse. "Hi there Crystal" Lilith said, greeting the snow white horse. She looked around and saw Faye, Oliver, and Gabe coming her way. "Hey. Are you sure you're ready for this? This is the deaths of your parents we're talking about here, Lilith." Faye asked, looking concerned for Lilith.

"I'm sure. Do any of you know where Silvia went off to?" Lilith asked. "Oh ya but you can't talk to her right now I'm afraid. She has the pre-mission ritual that no one is allowed to disturb." Gabe said, laughing. "Do you know what it is?" Lilith questioned. " Nope. Did walk in on her right before a mission once. I thought she was going to kill me that day." Gabe said, looking to the ground.

"Speak of the devil!" Lilith shouted, running up to Silvia, arms wide open. She hugged the slightly taller woman but when she pulled back she realized something. Silvia had been crying. Lilith decided it best to not intrude right now but she would ask about it later. Silvia put her saddle bag on her horse, Rusty and they all got on their horses and started heading twords the castle. Irma was tagging along with Faye and Midnight. Oliver was on Willow and Gabe was riding right next to him on his horse Smokey. They were all behind Silvia and Lilith, who were right next to each other.

And just like that, they were off to the castle. The place Lilith had abandoned. The place that was a house but not a home...