22. - Game and Party .-

madison parker

The cheers of the crowd filled my ears as soon as our college team entered the field. Jamal ran in front, being the captain, and damn, he looks so good in uniform...

Today was Friday. The best day for university students. Game day and party. This time, the party will be at Jamal's house, luckily his parents have authorized it and they will be out of town for the entire weekend.

Winter was coming, but due to people's euphoria and excitement, I was dying of heat. So much so that I had to put my hair in a ponytail on top of my head.

- Joshua is number six. - Riley says, observing the field.

We had never been to any game, since none of us didn't understand anything. But as it was in my and Jamal's contract, I kind of had to come and I wasted no time in dragging my friends with me.

-Benjamin is one of the midfielders, and Jamal is the striker... captain of the team, too. - Charlie was reading the leaflet we picked up at the college entrance. It contained all the information we needed to better understand the game.

The sound of a bugle echoes across the field, and the game finally begins.

Players start running back and forth across the field, touching the ball along the way and trying to finish. Suddenly everyone starts shouting excitedly, and the players start to celebrate. But I just have a huge question mark over my head.

-Come on, Charli! Read what that was! - Riley hurried to understand.

- That was a goal... our college team scored.

Look, it's the duty of a good citizen to understand at least five percent of sports. Same policy.

- No hablo su língua, puer favore cale a boquita.. - Charlie started rolling her tongue in an unknown language, invented by herself, of course.

-Charlotte, we have robotics class together. - The boy says with a smug smile.

-Christopher, you're a pain in the ass, you know that? |

Rolling his eyes, Charlie turns back around, looking back at the game. Riley and I looked at each other without understanding anything.

-Who is he? - I question.

- He's an emo who listens to My Chemical Romance.

-Hey! I heard this! My Chemical Romance is a classic. And I'm not emo, this is my rebellious teenage era. - Christopher shouts after us.

The horn sounds again and the players leave the field. Through the megaphone, the narrator shouts that the first half is over.

- Only forty-five minutes left... - Charlie babbles disinterestedly.

My eyes are already focused on hot Jamal who wets himself with a bottle of water. His hair shakes to remove excess liquid. The scene happens in slow motion, he looks like he's in a fucking commercial.

He's serious, it's too beautiful to be true.

He looks like a wet dog.

-Holy shit, Riley! - I laugh out loud at my friend's comment.

- Madison, look at that. - I am poked on the shoulder by Charlie, and quickly my eyes turn to the field again.

My heart skips a beat when Jamal blows me an air kiss and a few heads turn to see me. How embarrassing. But I admit, it's a good shame.

......

- Holy shit... It's like I'm at the Kardashians' house! - Charlie exclaimed in shock as soon as we passed through the front door of Jamal's mansion.