017. - Shopping-

madison parker

- So, the red or the black? - Charlie asks, lifting two beautiful dresses from a store we entered in the mall.

Sitting next to me on the upholstery, Riley rolls her eyes for the thousandth time. She hates going out shopping. Considering it takes Charlie a long time to choose an outfit.

- You look good in black! - I say, watching Charlotte wrinkle her nose.

- Oh, I don't know... that dress is so I don't know...

- Friend, change the disc, please! You said that about the other 10 dresses you tried on! - Riley exclaims, impatiently.

- You have a sense of humor to envy, Riley. - The one with blonde hair rolls her eyes.

- This time I agree with Riley, we've been here for almost two hours, Charlie! - She grumbles a little, but gives up, and goes into the locker room to change and we can leave.

While we wait, I start dialing off various numbers of stores that are hiring. I need to help my mother with something, other than that I want to have my cabriolet soon.

Yes, I could very well take the money my father gives me and buy a car possibly even more expensive than the Chevrolet, but I don't want easy money, much less from him.

- Madison, you're a little slow sometimes, right? - I am awakened by Riley's voice beside me. I lift my head to look at her and frown, not understanding anything.

- What it was?

-Are you looking for a job even though you know that Jamal's parents have restaurants all over the city?

Cum. I hadn't even remembered that. I confess that this would be a wonderful opportunity, considering that I would soon meet his parents.

- Won't it seem like I'm taking advantage of our "courtship"? - I make the quotation marks.

- Of course not, it will be a normal job that you just got with a little extra help. - She smiles knowingly at me, and I return it enthusiastically.

I hope it works.

- Speaking of which, you've gotten closer these last few days, hm? - She gives me a smile full of mischief.

I swallow a smile to hide that I liked her question.

The truth is that Jamal and I have become very good friends since our meeting. Which is an impressive fact for two people who needled each other every time they saw each other.

Jamal is a completely different person than I thought. I, out of stupidity, defined his entire personality just because he irritated me with his jokes since we were younger. But he's much more than a boy who likes to annoy me whenever he gets the chance. He's full of dreams, he likes to venture into crazy and in some cases dangerous activities, he's kind to people, he's also very cocky, but that's something I already knew.

- He's good company. - I respond, looking away from the changing tables, hoping that Charli will get out of there soon.

- If I wanted a short answer, I would ask you via message. Details, girl!
- Riley gestures with her hands, prompting me to continue talking.

The mix of feelings that have been consuming me in the last few days are piercing my tongue to release everything at once, whoever it may be. However, feeling is one thing, expressing it in words is another five hundred.

I may be passionate about books, but I never knew - and still don't know - how to express myself like fictional characters, although many of them don't know how either.

- Riley, I limit myself with words, so I don't have to say pumpkins.

- Puff! You have some sign of expression inside you. Just let it all out. -Charlie says as he leaves the dressing room, with the dresses he tried on in hand.

I take a deep breath, tilting my head back.

Closing my eyes, I try to recap all the moments with Jamal, what they made me feel, the emotions that took over me whenever we were together, the adventures, all the times we held hands, the kisses...

- I think... possibly... I'm... feeling something for him...

- Wow, let's have a party to celebrate. - Riley ironizes.

- We already know that, Madison. What we want to know is if you like him as a friend or otherwise...

That is the question.

I never liked Jamal and now I enjoy his company. Is this friendship or something else? It's definitely friendship, obviously. I would never have feelings other than friendship for him.

But, strangely, I even doubt myself.

- Come on, I want to stop by Macy's to say hi to my mom. - I change the subject, not wanting to talk anymore.

- Isn't it enough to see you at college, now here too? -Riley rolls her eyes, as we watch Audrey approach with a girl next to her.

- Your kindness is to be envied, Riley. - casting a disdainful look at my friend, the girl smoothes her hair over her shoulder.

- And you, Madison ..- my name comes out like an insult from her mouth - Where is your beloved boyfriend?

- He must be taking care of his life, something you don't know how to do.

I notice Charlie holding back from laughing at Audrey's face.

- I really don't know what he saw in you, girl.

- Oh, it was definitely a heart, since you didn't have one... - I smile when I see her  indignant face.

- You think you're thinking a lot, Parker. Don't brag about being with him now, you are replaceable, proof of that was your relationship with Miles. - she smiles when she realizes that she made me stay quiet. If she thinks she can get to me by talking about Miles, she's sorely mistaken. I made a point of burying all the suffering and humiliation, and I achieved this mainly with Jamal's help. - It's only a matter of time before Jamal and I get back together, it's quite noticeable that he still likes me and is only with you for fun. It must be so difficult to be second choice...

Taking a deep breath, I search for inner strength to not freak out about this barbie project.

- Your self-esteem must be all fucked up if you want to destroy mine, right? Get over the past, Audrey. I've done this myself and it works really well. - I take a step towards her , crossing my arms over my chest. - And please, stick your shitty narcissism up someone else's ass and forget that I exist, because I'm going to do the same to you.

The girl seems to be shaken by my words, as she bites her lip so hard that I don't doubt she's bleeding.

Finally, she recovers herself, returning to the little princess posture from before.

- I think you better go and see how your mother is. - I frown, not understanding what she meant. — I just left Macy's and the poor thing was crying as she signed her resignation.

Not this one!

I bolt out of there, hurrying to Macy's with Charlie and Riley behind me.