003 - "Idiot"-

madison parker

...

I walk firmly down the university hallway, completely ignoring the calls of my best friends and the looks of other students.

I get to the men's locker room and take a deep breath. I know that Jamal has just left his training camp and that they train an hour before school starts.

- Is Jamal in there ? - I ask when a boy comes out of the locker room.

- Yes. - He looks at me strange.

Having the answer I wanted, I pass him and walk into the locker room, ignoring what the guy tells me about not going in.

Several pairs of eyes fall on me as soon as I enter. The stuffy place is full of towel players, some half naked. And I have to hold on so as not to stare.

- Where's your fucking captain? - I ask disguised my shame.

One of them points to the end of the corridor and I imagine it must be where the showers are , since the steam smoke comes from there.

I was right about that. Their showers are occupied by players, who look at me scared, one of them is the idiot Jamal, smiles sideways at me.

- Looking for me, sweetie ? - he asks widening his smile even more. I take a deep breath and control myself to the maximum so as not to curse him of all possible names. With a simple nod, the other players practically run out of there.

I approach the cabin where he is , and I try very hard to look only in his eyes , and not in his perfectly fit abdomen. I'm a little relieved by the small cabin door covering its bottom.

- Do you like what you see, Parker ? - He's still got that damn smile on his face.

- Why did you do it? You like me so much , that you get tricked into spreading news like this ? -I cross my arms and arch the eyebrow.

-  Yea about it .... - he gets out of the cabin , and I widen my eyes. Jamal just laughs , completely aware of his nudity. - I want to make you an offer.

I turn to the side, looking at any fixed point in that place. I hear his laugh behind me.

- I did not know that I was shy, sweet . - I roll my eyes , even he can't see . - Ready now you can look.

I turn a little reluctant, thinking it's a prank , but Jamal is already wearing a towel. Even so, I can't help but notice his perfect body.

- As I was saying, I have a proposal for you. - I'm awakened from my thoughts by his voice. - Audrey just freaked out when she heard you kissed me at the party last night.

I look at him strangely .

- Didn't she betray you?

- Yes , but since we broke up she is trying to come back. - he shrugs.

- Hm , and what do I have to do with it ?

- I know that the kiss you gave me yesterday was to throw off your idiot ex . -  I look away, a little embarrassed. - I want to do the same with Audrey, I know she hates you.

Which I never understood why. We met long before college, and that girl never liked me.

- Get to the point, Jamal.

- We fake a fake dating . - he says .

-You're gotta be kidding , right now? That's why you spread that we were dating ? - I ask incredulous.

- People saw us kissing, I just added some details.

- You're an idiot, Jamal.

- I already know that . - smiles . - But then, agree?

- And what do I get for him?

- Besides dating someone as hot as me ? - I roll my eyes. - You'll get revenge on Miles, and make him stop chasing you.

- I don't want to get back at Miles!

- Come on, Madison. Think of it as a "college experience". - he quotes in the air - You will walk with a different people , and you can kiss me whenever you want, I know you were crazy to do it yesterday.

- I was not crazy to kiss you. - I reply at the time  - And another , I don't need to walk with a different people , I prefer to walk with my friends even.

- I'll do anything you want. I'll take you to the movies, I'll buy your Harley Quinn costume for Halloween.

- How do you know I want to go to Harley for Halloween ? - I frown.

- I heard it from your friends. - he explains - So, do you agree ?

- Look, you're a great kisser, but it's not gonna happen.

- You think I kiss well, hum ? - he smiles convinced.

- Bye Jamal - I say and turn around , starting to leave that place .

- You'll still change your mind ! - I can hear him scream , and the only thing I can think of is : " in your dreams , Jamal "

.......