18. - " I need a job !"

madison parker

-Madison, calm down, maybe it was a misunderstanding! - Charlie tried to calm me down, while I walked quickly to Macy's, looking for my mother.

-There was no misunderstanding, Char, especially if it involves Audrey Vinkows, and I'm sure she is involved, if not, she wouldn't have had the pleasure of telling me in person. - What the hell, this store is on the other side of the mall. - What are we going to do now that my mother lost her job? Things were already difficult at home...

Then I see her, leaving Macy's with her things in hand and to make matters worse, her face full of tears.

-Mother! - I run to hug her, making her almost drop everything on the floor, but that doesn't matter now. It's painful to see my mother in a bad way, the horrible months she went through after the divorce are no longer enough. She didn't deserve this... -What happened? Why did they fire you? -holds her face, wiping away some tears with her thumb.

- That colleague of yours... Audrey, she came here and asked to be served by me, I went and everything was going well... Until she suddenly started creating a scandal inside the store, saying that I had the mistreated and said several rude things to her. - she says, sighing. I direct her to a bench in one of the mall's corridors, me, Riley and Charlie also sit down. -I should have suspected when she entered the store, you had already warned me about her, and I was also finding it strange about her giggling and whispering with the girl who was accompanying her.

- Is Audrey so low as to do something like that...? - Charlie questions, incredulously.

- Well, today she showed herself to be capable of anything...

- To hit me. - I complete Riley's speech, sighing deeply.

What a damn troubled girl.

This whole obsession gets to be unhealthy, and I didn't even know it existed until I started supposedly dating Jamal.

And there are those who say that there are people who do crazy things for love.....

- I swear it wasn't my fault, Madison. I can't even hurt a mosquito.

-Mom, stay calm, I know you would never do something like that! - I pull his head onto my shoulder. -I just wanted her to disappear for at least a day! - I grumble with hatred.

She could have done anything to me, but to my mother... That was a low blow.

- If you want, I can put laxative in her juice. - Charlie opines.

- And what does this have to do with her disappearing for a day? - I raise an eyebrow.

- She's going to spend the whole day in the bathroom. - my friend responds obviously.

-That's out of the question, we don't want anyone clogging the college bathroom. But, your idea was really good, Char. - Riley and the one with blonde hair do a high five in the air.

-What can I do...? - I mutter alone, thoughtfully.

I have to do something, if I don't do it, the girl will laugh in my face and call me a coward.

In fact, this is the law of the family, it messes with one, it messes with all.

- Nothing, Madison, you're not going to do anything!

- Yes, I will! - I retort, receiving a sharp look from my mother.

- Don't you realize that this girl won't leave you alone because she knows it affects you?

Okay... It makes sense.

Audrey's stupid little game is to see me on the defensive, and when faced with this, she is always going on the attack. That's her game. She likes to see that she hits me and, whether I want to or not, I end up giving her that taste.

- I still think my laxative idea is cool. - Charlie shrugs.

- No, it is not! - my mother scolds.

- You're right, it really isn't a good idea. - the girl shakes her head, giving a forced smile.

jamal musiala

It's 5pm when I park the Audi in the Golden Coffe parking lot. An hour ago, Madison had sent a message asking to meet her here at this time. I confess that I'm curious to know what it's about, since she didn't give me any concrete information.

The bell announces my arrival, and two pairs of brown eyes - which I'm very used to - collide with mine. Parker is sitting at one of the tables in the back of the cafe, and without exaggeration, she's the only thing I see when I walk in.

If this sounds strange for two friends? Absolutely, yes. But do I care? Not even a little.

- How lucky for you that I have time for you in my schedule. - I joke, sitting down facing the girl, who drums her fingers on the table.

- Wow, then what an honor for me. - She smiles sideways, but then straightens up on the upholstery, scratching her throat afterwards. - Look, I'm going to be very direct. I need a job and your family has restaurants all over town, couldn't you... um... help me?

Wow. I didn't expect that, but it's not that unexpected either. I knew the time would come when Madison would start looking for a job, and well, I can help her with that.

- It doesn't matter what position it is. Cook, waitress, cleaning lady, seriously, I don't care! -Her eyes are full of hope as she looks at me eager for an answer.

- Sweetie, of course I'll help you. - I respond, and I hear her let out a sigh, relieved. - But I warn you that dealing with people is not easy. Mainly, my parents' clients. They are all spoiled rich people who complain even if the wine is not cold enough.

Rolling her eyes, the brunette lets out a laugh.

- My mom worked at Macy's for years, so I kind of understand that...

I bring my eyebrows together in a sign of confusion.

-Wait, did you say worked? In the past...

- Yeah, she got fired today. - Madison murmurs, biting her lip.

- Did something happen?

- As expected. Audrey showed up at Macy's and made a fuss, which got my mother fired.

Still confused, but now irritated, I say:

- Are you kidding me!? This girl is worthless! I swear if...

- Hey, it's okay! - Madison holds my hand across the table, stroking it with her thumb. - Let's not talk about her anymore. Everything will be resolved.

I face the girl with a roguish smile on my face.

She's sad, because of Audrey, which makes me mad at Vinkows. I knew she was no good, but to be so low as to do that... I didn't expect it, honestly.

- You know, I think my mother needs two new employees.