Chapter Thirteen

Recap:

“Who’s there?” No answer.

“If it’s you Jace, just come out.” Nothing again, I was about to turn and run when I heard footsteps walking towards me. Oh God! I started to see the outline of someone. I couldn’t make out who it was; I took a few steps back. Then the figure started to come into sight and … and, is that Christian?

“Christian?”

“Hey Rose.”

***

Why is Christian here? As soon as he came into view I noticed how tattered he looked. His shirt had rip marks in it and he had dirt spewed all over him.

“Christian what happened, you look like hell?” No response. He just walked over to me and said “You left your shoes at my place.” He handed them to me, took a few steps back and just watched me.

My anger started to pool back up to the surface now. “Is that all you have to say to me?” I couldn’t lie, I was a bit hurt. He dropped his head, and stuck his hands in his jeans pocket “I- I didn’t mean those …”

“Rose! Are you out here? Oh there you are … What the- Christian what the hell are you doing here!?” Jace yelled. He reached for me and grabbed me so that I was now behind him. He was guarding me as if the armies of hell were before us. Christian took his hands from out his pockets, and took a few steps forward. “Don’t grab her like that!”

“Answer my question! What the hell are you doing on my property?” Christian just stared at him and gave him a malicious smirk.

“Your property? Ha- last time I checked I was royalty too. Or did you forget brother?” Jace had made a fist now.

“You might well still be royalty, but I am king- not you! Now I’ll ask you one more time, why are you here?” I didn’t know this Jace. He looked so different, and… and sinister. It was scary.

“I came to see Rose” Jace let go of my hand and in a blink of an eye was holding Christian up by the neck of his shirt.

“What the hell do you want with my wife?”

“Wife?” Christian looked to me, and he expression changed from angry and loathing to hurt and confused. “I had the impression that you guys were just going out, not that you had actually gotten married. I thought it was a joke when you said you had a husband .” He mumbled the last part to himself all the while still watching me.

“Yes wife, now what do you want with her you abomination.” Jace spat. Christian rustled out of Jace’s hold, and when he was free from his grip he tried to walk towards me but was pushed back by Jace. Christian flew back a few feet and for the first time took his eyes off me and rested them on his brother.

“Didn’t she tell you? She’s out on some little adventure looking for the man who murdered her family.” Jace took his attention from Christian and towards me.

“Is it true Rose?” he took a step forward, and I instinctively took a step back. “Yes it’s true. I have to do this Jace. I just have to-” “No you don’t!” his voice boomed. I took another step back. “You’re not going anywhere. I just got you back, I can’t lose you again. I forbid you to leave me or this castle; you are to go on no journey!” He looked me straight in the eye. I felt a bit tingly and … Oh my god is he trying to use his gift on me. He is! But oddly enough I don’t feel compelled to do anything he said. I can’t believe he would try to compel me, ME! His so called wife.

 I think I’ve become a bit soft after being turned into a vampire, but I’m not going to hold back my tongue anymore, I don’t care how strong he is or how hurt he might become. This is one thing I am going to do, and I’d rather die than not fulfill it. I made a promise to my family and I intend to keep it.

“Jace I don’t care what you say I’m doing this, and I know you might not like it but Christian is going to help me.” I turned around and was heading back to my room when I was harshly yanked back. I turned around and saw Jace holding my wrist.

“Jace let me go” he didn’t look at me he just said “NO! You can’t leave me, and you definitely can’t go with Christian. He’s dangerous Rose!”

“Speak for yourself” I heard Christian mumble.

“I don’t care if he’s dangerous or not. He’s promised me that he would help me and I believe him, now Jace I’m asking you one more time to let go of my wrist.” He didn’t reply, he just raised his head and looked me in the eyes.

“NOW!” I shrieked. His eyes dilated and he immediately let go of my wrist. I took this as my chance to flee. I turned around and swiftly walked away. As soon as I was out of sight I sprinted to my room.

As soon as I reached it I locked the door and leaned on it. What I did back there, it was odd. I as in me compelled probably the master of compeller’s to let me go. How did I do that? I wonder what other gifts I have.  My thoughtswere rudely interrupted by a loud thundering noise coming from behind the door. Who could it be now?

“Who is it?”

 “It’s me Christian. Can you let me in” he said.

“No. Are you crazy, why would I let you in?” “So stubborn” he muttered to himself. I don’t have time for him right now. Something very weird just happened and I don’t want to have his negative energy around me.

“Just leave me alone Christian. I don’t want to talk right now.” I walked away from the door and headed to the bed.

“I know what you did back there Rose. You can’t hide anything from me.” I didn’t realize what I was doing until I had already done it. I had sprinted to the door, unlocked it and was now facing Christian eye to eye.

“How did I do that Christian?” he took this has his opportunity to enter my room. I closed the door behind him. “So how did I do it” I repeated myself.

“I’m not actually sure.” He said while jumping in my bed and kicking off his shoes.

“What are you doing? Get out of my bed and answer my question.”

 “Oh sorry, I forgot you asked me something. Silly me” He got off the bed and stood so that he was facing me. “I’m not sure exactly what you did but all I know is that you have a very powerful gift.”      

*Authors Note

Comment or vote or just do both! =)

And always remember "a #2 pencil and a dream can take you anywhere." ^_^