KABANATA 14

“How's your shoulder?” His dad asked him.

Race look over his shoulder before he answered. “Good, but I can't move it though it's still hurts.”

Huminga ng malalim si Isaiah, nakaitim ang bagang nito at seryoso. He really mad and furious because of what happened in Russo Mansion, ang ikinagagalit niya ay nadamay si Race.

That time, Isaiah was inside the mansion talking with his acquaintance. He didn't know where Hades is but then he heard someone is screaming and shouting outside the mansion. Hindi na sana niya iyon papansinin pero may lumapit sa kaniya at sinabing nabaril si Race—ang anak niya.

He doesn't know what to do that time, he begin to panic because he didn't what to do when he saw his son lying on the ground with blood all over his shoulder, mabuti na lang ay dumating si Hades at mabilis ding nakatawag ng ambulance ang mga taong unang nakasaksi.

“Take a rest, son. Makakalabas ka na bukas ng umaga,” Isaiah said and messes Race hair. “Rest, budd."

Tinignan sandali ni Race ang kaniyang ama bago siya tumango at pumikit dahil hindi talaga niya makayanan ang sakit na nararamdaman niya sa kaniyang balikat.

He got shot in his shoulder na malapit sa kilikili niya. Ang unang bala ay tumama talaga sa kaniya pero ang pangalawa ay dumaplis lang sa kaniyang braso dahil matumba siya kaagad nang matamaan siya sa balikat.

Mabilis 'yong pangyayari, hindi rin inaasahan ni Race na mangyayari 'yon sa kaniya. He was talking Atlas over the phone dahil gusto nitong pumunta siya sa unang cafe na makita niya tapos agad na nawala si Atlas sa kabilang linya, tatawagan pa sana niya ulit si Atlas pero natumba na siya dahil sa tama ng baril and because of shocked he collapsed.

Speaking of Atlas, hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa rin niya dinadalaw si Race.

Race is wondering what he's doing right now and where he is and why Atlas isn't visiting him. Kahapon pa siya rito sa hospital and he expect na pupunta kaagad si Atlas sa kaniya pero hanggang ngayon ay wala pa.

He shook his head lightly.

Why I even thinking that? Of course he won't come. And why I am expecting him to come visit me?

He clenched his fist.

“Race,” his father touch his head lightly and stoke his hair gently.

Race slowly open his eyes and look at his father. “Yes, dad?”

“Your shoulder is bleeding.”

Tinignan niya ang kaniyang balikat. “Oh,” he only say.

“Are you okay?” Isaiah asked while calling a nurse to change his bandage. “You look so tense and it's like you are thinking deeply.”

He shook his head, “I'm fine, dad.”

“You sure?”

He nodded and closed his eyes again, this time he is relax and calm.

“Yes, dad. Thanks.”

Even his eyes are closed he can still feel his father worried eyes on him.

Race sighed and finally look at his dad again. “I'm fine, dad. I'm just tired and sorry for the trouble—” his words were cuts off.

“No, buddy. I am sorry for not protecting you,” Isaiah smiled. “Now, take a rest.”

He's about to close his eyes when his Papa opened the door and walk straight to him.

“Hey, son, how are your feeling?”

“I'm fine, Pa.”

Tumango si Hades sa kaniya pagkatapos ay humarap ito kay Isaiah. “We have to talk outside,”