27. Experimenting

"George, Rusty!" She called over to the twins after dinner. The boys stopped in their tracks and slowly turned to her.

"Lady Granger, what can we do for you?" The twins bowed deep in the crowded corridor.

"Can you come with me to the library?" She asked putting her bag on her shoulder. Whatever the boys thought she would ask, that wasn't it. They looked surprised from Hermione to each other.

"You want us to-" Fred started in a whisper.

"Go to the library -"

"When there are still people around?" The twins finished together in a whisper as they leaned closer, their eyes comically wide.

"Yes, you dumdums." She grinned and linked her arms with the twins and dragged them with her, before they could protest.

"Thank Merlin, she's taking charge." Fred laughed once he recovered from Hermione's forceful hand.

"Yeah, we wouldn't know where to begin. Where is this library you speak of, Hermione?" George inquired with fake interest.

With a nudge in each twins' ribs, she ignored them as she walked to the library. Once they reached the large double doors, Hermione stopped. She was sure she saw Blaise still at the Slytherin table before she caught up with the twins, but just to be sure. She turned to the twins and put her finger up. "Wait here a second." And she darted between the rows of books.

"What?" The two boys called surprised after her, receiving a glare from madam Pince. A minute or so later, Hermione appeared again.

"First you drag us here and then you let us hang here next to madam Pince." Fred said dramatically.

"Don't be such a baby." Hermione rolled her eyes laughing. "Come on."

The twins followed her through the library, passing rows of shelves and books before she finally made a last left turn. It was a remote table, hidden behind the shelves with two chairs around it, one occupied by Cedric.

"I thought Hermione was joking." Cedric laughed as he saw the twins standing behind Hermione.

"No, we're really here." Fred grinned as his finger went over the shelves covered with dust.

"We didn't have time to Polyjuice ourselves."

"Yes, what will happen if someone recognizes you in the library." Hermione rolled her eyes as she took her seat across from Cedric. Cedric waved his wand and transfigured two books into chairs for the Weasley boys to sit on.

"So, what's the reason you dragged us here, little Granger?"

"Well, uhm..." She started slowly, fidgeting with her sleeve. She knew Snape talked about the twins, but the third person could've been Lee or Cedric. But since she already studied with Cedric all the time, she thought this was the easier option. "Professor Snape, uhm, suggested that I experiment with potions. I can do my normal potions during my class with you." She gestured to the twins. "But during my second-year class, I get a chance to experiment, because even though I followed the instructions, my potion wasn't what it was supposed to be." She pursed her lips as she thought about the potion.

"Wait, I think I'm out of the loop." Cedric shook his head slightly. "You have potions with the twins?"

"Oh, yeah. I haven't talked to you since Professor Snape picked me up at the train station." She looked to Cedric. "I have potions with the third years on Monday and Friday for the rest of the year, it's during my free periods. Because I – we already did the second-year potions this summer. But that's where I need help... I'm not one to experiment. You two do it daily and even you, Digs, you experiment with potions too. I was wondering if... if you guys wanted to help me." She mumbled the last part as she looked down. She never was the type to ask for help, always wanted to do things, learn things herself, but now... She didn't want to get hurt or worse if she did something wrong.