25. Crazy Eyes

It was raining once again when Hermione arrived at the platform with her parents. Due to the rain and heavy traffic, they just made it in time. Her eyes scanned the thinning crowd but couldn't find any of her friends between them. Then a familiar head popped out of a window from one of the train's carriages. Katie waved her over just when the train whistled. A quick kiss and a write to you soon later, she climbed up on the train. She was barely on the train when the doors closed just behind her and the train started moving without waiting another second, making Hermione stumble. She sighed in relief when she didn't hit the ground as a hand caught her elbow. She looked up to see it was Blaise who had caught her.

"Hi, Blaise. Had a nice Christmas?"

"Not bad." He answered after he looked around the train. "Went skiing."

"Really?" Hermione asked surprised as she straightens herself. "Me too. Where did you go? We stayed in Sallanches in France."

"Charmonix. That's not that far from Sallanches, but ours was a wizarding hotel."

"Muggle." Hermione grinned. "I better get to the compartment before they start a search for me." She said looking over her shoulder.

"Let me help." He took her trunk in his hand.

"Are you sure?" She looked surprised at the Slytherin. When he nodded, they both started walking in the empty hall of the train. "Thanks for not letting me fall."

"My mum would have my head if I let a girl fall when I could've prevented it." A grin crept up on his face.

"Oh, and here I thought we were becoming friends." Hermione chuckled with a little shake of her head.

"We are." He whispered so quietly, she barely missed it. "I think we arrived." He stopped before he would appear through the window of the loud compartment, girls' laughter seeped out. He handed her trunk over and turned to leave. "See you in the library." He waved over his shoulder and walked away without waiting for an answer. "Hey, Diggory." She heard him say.

"Zabini." Cedric's voice answered from behind her. Before she had time to turn around to the Hufflepuff, he had wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up, twirling her around. She shrieked in surprise before they both started laughing. The noise they made, echoed through the hallway and the door of the compartment in front of them flew open. The whole group was squished together in the doorway.

"Hey, you two." Alicia's voice full of mirth, a grin on her face.

"Hi." Hermione pipped up as Cedric still held her in the air; her back against his chest.

"Hello, ladies." His eyes flickered over the group in front of them. "And Lee." He chuckled as the boy's head popped above the girls.

"What's going on here?"

"Diggory nearly gave me a heart attack." Hermione mumbled with a smile as she started prodding him with his finger to let her go. Cedric rolled his eyes dramatically as he put her down.

"I just wanted to say hi." He snickered as she gave him a glare. "Hi."

Hermione's glare disappeared at the tone of his voice and a smile took its place. "Hi."

"Are you coming in?" Lee asked behind the girls.

"Since Alicia is here instead of peppering Gavin's face with kisses, I think I'll catch up with the boys." He laughed as ducked when Alicia threw a hard candy at his head. "Later, girls." He still laughed as he bounded to the other side of the train.

"Oh, he's gonna get it." Alicia said with a wicked grin, ready to follow him. But Hermione stopped her as she caught her arm. Alicia turned to her confused.