4. A Study Date

The next day, she gathered all of her study material and floo'd over to Cedric's house. When she appeared in the Diggory house, Cedric was already waiting for her at the fireplace.

"Hello to you." He smiled as he helped her out of the fireplace.

"Hey, Cedric." She smiled at the young boy. She took him in, after she saw the latest change in the girls. He had gotten a little taller, but the rest looked just the same.

"Since it's raining, I thought we better just study inside. My mum is busy in the kitchen, do you mind if we go up to my room? She can get quite loud." He grinned.

"No, it's fine. I prefer to study in silence." She smiled, but of course Cedric already knew that as they studied in the library so much. She followed him up the stairs, clutching her bag. Cedric stopped at the second door on the right and opened it for her, gesturing her to step in first.

The room was bright, even with the dark rain clouds outside it looked like the sun shined brightly in. There was no doubt Cedric was a Hufflepuff. Yellow streamers plastered on the walls, badges with badgers on it were pinned on his curtains. Hermione walked slowly into the room, taking it all in. In the middle of the room was a single bed with grey covers. A large desk on the side of the window, scattered with papers. When she walked closer, she saw they were papers on quidditch, strategies over the ages from seekers. A couple of pictures on the desk from his friends from his house in the Hufflepuff common room. She picked up the picture to give it a closer look. It gave her an insight on how it looked like down there. She heard Cedric move next to her.

"I'm curious too, to see how the Gryffindor common room looks like."

"Hm." She said as she put the picture down. "Next time the twins throw a party, you should come."

"Do they throw a party often?"

"They don't need a reason to throw one, so yes." Hermione chuckled, turning to Cedric.

"Much like us Hufflepuffs then, the older ones throw parties all the time, but most of the time only for third years and up."

"So, you get to attend this year?" She cocked an eyebrow, smiling.

"Officially, yes. Might have snuck in a time or two last year." He clicked his tongue. "And since you invited me, I guess I should invite you too and the others."

"In case you forgot, I'm only a second year." She pointed out.

"Ah." He waved his wand. "We can find a way around that. But first." He prodded her bag. "Studying. What did you bring today?"

"Potions." She smiled pulling out papers. "Don't want Professor Snape to think I need any help in his class."

"Alright then." He said as he walked over to his bed and knelt down. His arm went under the bed, and he pulled out a rusty cauldron and a plate to put it on. He climbed back on his feet and placed the cauldron on his desk as Hermione put his quidditch papers together and put them aside. "It's a bit old but it should do the trick."

"I knew I forgot something." Hermione grumbled. "I'll bring mine next time, I promise."

"It's okay, Hermione, really." He smiled. "This is just my backup."

She smiled as she took out the ingredients. Cedric disappeared out the room, before Hermione could think twice about it, he was back with a second chair. He looked at the desk with a frown.

"Hold on, Hermione."

"Oh, okay." She said confused and stepped back. Cedric pulled the desk away from the window and turned it, so they could sit on each side of the desk. He pushed the second chair to his side and sat down, while Hermione took the other. "Let's start with the Wiggenweld potion."