23. Days in the Tower

"Missus Granger." The little elf named Darla squeaked. "And Master Diggory."

"Hello, Darla." Cedric smiled at the elf as he held out his hands and a basket flew into his hands without another word. Hermione looked surprised from Cedric to the elf.

"Of course, you would know your way around the kitchens." She rolled her eyes.

"Well, most of the Hufflepuffs know, if you pay attention. It's in the same corridor, you would be blind if you don't find out."

"And when did you found out?" She asked, as she smiled at the elf as she handed her another basket.

"Right before Christmas break, first year." He grinned wide. "Thank you, Darla."

"Tell masters Weasley they did a great job protecting missus Katie."

"You watched?" Hermione asked surprised at the little elf, who nodded enthusiastically. "I will tell them." She turned to Cedric, as they both held a large basket. "We better get everything upstairs before the team arrives."

"Let's go. See you soon, Darla." He waved to the elf before he opened the portrait to let Hermione out. "Here." He waved his wand and let the baskets float in front of him.

"Thanks." She smiled. "They always give too much."

"That, they do." Cedric chuckled. "Last year, I stopped by for a late-night snack. I asked for one cupcake, and they brought over an entire plate."

They walked up the stairs to the Gryffindor tower, the castle already busy with the students coming back from the quidditch pitch. Hermione and Cedric talked about the game as he kept his wand steady on the baskets in front of them. Lee was waiting on the other side of the painting the moment they walked in. He grabbed the baskets out of the air, but nearly dropped it when he felt the full weight of them.

"You should know it would be too heavy." Hermione rolled her eyes as Cedric went to help Lee put everything on the table. Lee looked over his shoulder and stuck out his tongue. While the boys set the table, Hermione waved her wand across the room. Red-golden banners and flags appeared on the walls. And right above the fireplace was a large banner with a proud lion on it, standing on a trampled snake.

"You've outdone yourself, Mi." Cedric grinned as he and Lee stepped up next to her, looking at the banner.

"They deserve it." She smiled as she looked at her work. "They were so nervous and then that Flint scum..." She grumbled, not finishing her sentence.

"I loved your commentary today, Lee." Cedric grinned over Hermione's head to Lee.

"I think McGonagall would disagree." Lee chuckled when the portrait slung open again. Loud chanting came from the grand staircase and filled the common room. After a dozen of kids climbed through the portrait, the team had walked in, singing along with the others.

Hermione ran over to the group and slung her arms around Katie. "You were amazing!" She called in her ear, trying to be heard over the singing. She pulled back and beamed at her best friend. "Absolutely amazing."

She turned to the others behind Katie. "You all did great! Told you, you would win." Hermione couldn't help the cheeky grin that crept on her face. She hugged Angelina and Alicia before she turned to the twins.

"Can we get our victory kiss." The twins chimed with a large grin, as the girls walked over to the table where Lee and Cedric handed them a couple of butterbeers.

"No, you already got a good luck kiss." She waved her wand behind her back. "But you can get a celebratory drink." She pulled out two butterbeers. The boys pouted as they accepted the bottles from her before they leaned down and both gave her a sloppy kiss on the cheek.