TWELVE

TWELVETHE DARKNESS

TWELVE
THE DARKNESS

(TW: graphic descriptions of death, violence, gore, depression)

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

CASSANDRA NEEDED TO DIE. she needed for her useless life to end. she couldn't live any longer. she was a monster. everyone was right, cassandra was a horrible monster. she ruined any chance to start over. blackout had won. cassandra was destined to die. everything was ruined, everything was gone. she had lost. cassandra lost. she was losing everything she thought she had grasp of, it all was going up in flames. cassandra needed to finally end it once and for all. end the contiunous pain that she had in her for years.

she couldn't though. even if the  gun was next to her head was enough to get her to pull the trigger; she couldn't let blackout take over the world. she couldn't let him win. even if he already had, she was ready for round two... if only she knew what the fuck happened last night. everything seemed to go blurry, and suddenly she was a whole new person. 

cassandra sat in the bathtub, her knees pulled to her chest. there was no water in it, only her and her clothed body sitting in dread. a gun was placed on the shelf, pointing toward her head. she had been sitting there for over an hour, waiting for a sign to stay. she didn't have her powers, they couldn't stop her this time. she didn't have dick to pull her out of this state. she had no one.

salty tears ran down her pale face, masacara streaks staining her face. she knew the hotel staff would soon find her, she hadn't made the best impression to get a room and was declined... so she broke in. the bathroom door was locked, but she could hear people pounding on the door. she had two choices, kill herself and get the pain over, or, she could fight back and win this war against blackout. the hotel room door opened, immediately after the bathroom handle jiggled. cassandra looked around the bathroom before clenching her fist, fuck it.

the police banged on the door, "cassandra, we know you're in there!" they screamed, all looking at each other, ready to face the monster on the other side. guns were in their shaking hands, their wandering eyes wondering if this might be their last moments alive. the chief stood there looking at the door with determined eyes. all they needed was a nod, a simple nod determining their life. a nod that could change the lives of so many families. a nod that would cost them their life. the chief looked at his men and nodded, causing the door to be broken open. 

they stepped in one by one, all guns pointed towards the closed shower curtain. "we will shoot!" they screamed, not noticing in the hotel room a shadow slowly sneak towards them. one man stood in the back, shaking slightly as they searched the seemingly large bathroom. suddenly he was grabbed, a knife sliding through his throat. his mouth was covered as he was moved away from the rest of the group. the group didn't seem to notice, only realizing that cassandra was not in the room. "fuck!" the chief screamed, throwing down his cap on the ground. he looked at his men with anger, "find her!"