ONE

ONERACHEL ROTH AND THE ODD FAMILY

ONE
RACHEL ROTH AND THE ODD FAMILY

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"WAIT. LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT." hank hall rambled, walking behind cassandra who was looking around for anyone who was acting strange around her. she always had to be on the lookout, one wrong move and she would end up in prison and probably be one of amanda wallers next suicide project. dick stood behind cassandra, next to hank and dawn who were completely in shock that dick would even bring a serial killer with them, "she's an assassin who you worked with back in the golden days?" dick nodded, mumbling something to them in embarrassment, "and you two hooked up?"

"we didn't... hook up."

cassandra rolled her eyes, her hands clenching into fists from frustration. they came up to hank and dawns apartment building, cassandra looking down the street to someone looking straight at her. she pulled on her hood as dawn opened the doors, "and how do we trust that she won't kill us?" dawn asked not realizing cassandra had her earbuds out. the brunette stopped in her tracks knowing how easily she could kill the white haired women and her boyfriend, but she was feeling nice tonight. 

"cause i know she won't." dick replied as they climbed up the steps. cassandra fell behind the group, her hand wrapping around her small pocket knife in her hoodie pocket. hank opened the door, cassandra shoving past the two lovebirds as she walked in the apartment. her eyes scanned the room for any sign of a teenage girl, when no one popped up, she turned around as dick took off his jacket, "rachel?"

cassandra bit her lip from saying anything, she scanned the apartment with her plants, when she saw no one she looked at dick, shaking her head. dick immediately went alert, "youre a really good actor richard grayson," cassandra stated, "you set me up didn't you?"

dick glared at her, "i wouldn't do that to you."

cassandra rolled her eyes as she walked out of the apartment, she went up the stairs to the roof, her plants sighing at a raven haired girl. she opened the door, almost falling over when she realized she pushed to hard. the girl turned around from looking at the birds, "hey kid." cassandra stated as the teen raised her hand. "i'm not here to hurt you."

dick pushed past cassandra, "what are you doing up here?" he asked the girl making cassandra cross her arms. "i was worried." when the girl didnt reply, dick glanced at cassandra, "rach. what's wrong?" rachel pulled something out of her pocket, cassandra didnt see it and she didnt really care. she was waiting for amanda waller flying in one of her helicopters and shining a light on her: which was not fun by the way. harley got caught, but cassandra got away... it was close, but she got away. 

"you were gonna leave me here." rachel stated making cassandra press her lips together. it took a lot of strength not to comment, "you said you werent, but you lied." cassandra nodded her head slightly, he did do that a lot... but she was the same way, so it really wasnt a difference. "you must lie a lot. you're good at it."