EIGHT

EIGHT
TEAMING UP

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

CASSANDRA NEVER BELIEVED IN MIRACLES. she never believed that miracles existed. she never believed anything like that existed. but for some reason, cassandra stared at a miracle. she looked at someone who was supposed to be dead. someone who fell from the sky, had no chance of living. cassandra felt tears fill her eyes as dick ran towards the supposed dead boy, yelling his name. her sister was trembling in her arms, crying in disbelief as they looked at a boy wearing a superman shirt, bleeding, and hyperventilating. 

everything was a blur after that for cassandra. she remembered dick helping the injured boy and taking him to the tower. she remembered kalani and jason hugging like their lives depended on it. dick called for cassandra's name, shaking her slightly, but she just stared off in the distance. cassandra didn't have one thought run through her mind, it was just blank. her sister was okay, she was there with cassandra, but why was cassandra so blank? what was happening to her? kory grabbed cassandra, pulling her along to the tower. 

cassandra snapped out of the trance when she walked in the bathroom, looking in the mirror. her sisters blood was stained on her face and hands. cassandra took a deep breath, turning on the sink and slowly putting her hands under the water. suddenly the closet door opened slowly making cassandra look back at it. she could hear whispering coming from the darkness of the closet. cassandra swallowed uncomfortably, a sharp pain interrupting her thoughts. she saw flashes of a girl on the ground, the sound of crying, and the face of dick looking at cassandra in an alley way.

a knock at the door made cassandra snap out of her thoughts, she looked at the closet door (which was closed), then at the sink, which was close to overflowing. "fuck." cassandra mumbled, turning off the sink and opening the door to see addison standing there. addison raised an eyebrow seeing the startled woman, who just smiled at her, "whats up?"

"are you okay?" addison asked.

"yeah, why wouldnt i be?" cassandra replied with a fake smile before shutting off the light and shutting the door. addison looked at the woman with a frown as cassandra moved past her. addison knew something was up with cassandra, and she was going to figure it out. cassandra ran her hand through her hair as she walked out to the kitchen, where donna, dawn, hank, and dick all stood. 

cassandra ignored their conversation, opening up the fridge for another beer. "whats up with you lately?" donnaasked, but it was more like mumbles to cassandra. she opened up the beer, leaning against the counter. "cassandra?" cassandra took a drink out of her beer, looking up slowly at the group that all looked at her. "cassandra."