TWENTY

TWENTYDOUBT

TWENTY
DOUBT

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

BURSTING THROUGH THE DOORS, THE GANG WAS GREETED BY AN ANGRY KORY. cassandra immediately put her hands up to block gar, who was being flung by the woman, only to be pushed down by him and dick, who happened to step right in front of her when gar was being flung. the three landed on the ground with a thud, dick coincidentally landing on top of the woman. cassandra groaned in pain, hearing crashes and whips coming from the living room. "why are you so heavy?" cassandra groaned, pushing dick off of her, making him land on the ground next to them with a thud.

cassandra glanced over to see kalani sitting there, her eyes staring at the ground. blood ran down from her ears, dripping onto her white shoes. she was shaking, tears running down her pale face. kalani didn't move, she just stared, whispering some words to herself as her arms wrapped around her legs, pulling them closer to her body. cassandra looked over to see kory laying on the ground, donna and addison both standing there looking at the three. cassandra sat up, reaching out for kalani, "hey..." cassandra whispered in a soft voice, making her sister snap her eyes up looking at the woman. 

"you left me." kalani whispered, "this never wouldve happened if you didn't leave!" she stood up, stepping past cassandra. cassandra immediately stood up as her sister slammed the front door shut. the brunette quickly ran outside after her sister, who just sat on the porch stairs with tears running down her face. "you left me cass. you're all i have left, and you left me alone."

cassandra stood behind her sister, "i'm sorry kalani." she moved to sit by the girl, "i'm so sorry." kalani sniffled, rubbing her nose as she looked out at the fields. "i wasn't thinking straight. you're all i have left, i need you kalani. i promise, i promise you, i'll never leave you again." kalani looked over at her sister before wrapping her shaking arms around the girl, cassandra froze, not knowing what to do. she hugged her sister back soon after, rubbing her back in comfort. "tell me what happened in there."

kalani shrugged, wiping her tears, "rachel wanted to get kory's memory back, and kory just snapped and began choking rachel. i freaked out and sent you in a vision and then kory went after me because she saw you for some reason." kalani began crying again, "it reminded me of the asylum. i got so scared and i didn't know what to do-"

"stop." cassandra whispered, "this was not your fault."

kalani shook her head, "then why does it feel like it is!"

cassandra clenched her fist, biting her lip as she thought. the two sisters sat in silence, both just looking ahead of them at the fields. cassandra watched as two deer ran around, a mother and a fawn. suddenly the door behind them opened up, revealing kory who walked past them. kalani froze, moving close to her sister, who just stared at the pink haired woman. "kory!" dick called out, looking down at cassandra as he followed the woman. "wait! damn it, talk to me! what's going on!"