Friendship Games-4: The Light, The Dark, and The Midnight

It's now close to nighttime at Canterlot High as everyone from both schools gathered at the front entrance for the final event of the Friendship Games.

Dean Cadance: Since the score's tied, the final event will determine the winner of the Friendship Games.

Vice Principal Luna: Somewhere on campus, a pennant from each school has been hidden. The first team to find their school's flag and bring it back wins.

Dean Cadance: And as soon as our teams are ready, we'll begin.

Fluttershy: I don't feel like playing these games anymore.

Rainbow Dash: Well, we have to play! This is the last event!

Rarity: *scoffs* It's a little hard to focus with all the magic stealing and portal opening.

Sunset Shimmer: And I feel awful about what I said to Twilight.

Y/N: What happened between the two of you?

Sunset Shimmer: *sighs* It's best that you don't know, okay?

Applejack: Let's just get through this last event and prove we're not a bunch of cheaters. Then you can go over and apologize.

Fluttershy: And what about that thing you were talking about, Y/N?

Y/N: You just have to wait until the time comes. For now, be ready for what Cinch is about to conjure up.

The girls nodded in agreement. Meanwhile in the Shadowbolts' corner...

Principal Cinch: I know I'm asking you to beat a team that isn't playing fair, but Canterlot High must be made to understand that even with magic at their disposal, beating Crystal Prep is simply not an option.

Sugarcoat: What if they grow wings again?

Principal Cinch: A fair question. Though I believe we can now fight fire with fire. *to Sci-Twi* I've seen what your device can do, Twilight. Containing magical energy is fine, but have you considered releasing it?

Sci-Twi: But I don't even understand how it works.

Principal Cinch: But you'd like to. And since our opponents have already used it to stay competitive, I see no reason why we shouldn't do the same. Unless, of course, you have no interest in Everton. Though, honestly, I think there's more knowledge packed in that little device than any independent study program could offer.

Principal Cinch: 🎶I realize that you've always been an outcast🎶

🎶It's not everyone at school who likes to think🎶

🎶To find a student that's like you🎶

🎶I've had one or maybe two🎶

🎶But the good ones disappear before I blink🎶

Shadowbolts: 🎶Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, oh. Oh, wuh-oh-wuh🎶

Principal Cinch: 🎶Now, I understand you have your reservations (oh-wuh)🎶

🎶It's hard to have a brain as large as yours (oh-oh-oh-oh)🎶

🎶But if we don't win these games🎶

🎶Well, I think I've made it plain🎶

🎶What will happen if we have the losing scores!🎶