Unexpected Silence - Max x Reader

Y/N found themselves strolling through the entrances of the local zoo hand in hand with Max. The sun shone brightly overhead as they walked, relishing in the excitement of the day's adventures. They had always shared a unique chemistry, a bond that most couldn't understand.

As they explored the various animal exhibits, Max's eyes gleamed with a fiery enthusiasm. Y/N couldn't help but smile at his passion for the strange and unusual. However, as they stood before the lion's den, Max's excitement reached a whole new level.

"Imagine, Sidekick," Max exclaimed, his voice brimming with mischief. "If I could create an entire animal army - a zoo of my own design! The ultimate animal henchmen!"

Y/N chuckled softly at Max's grandiose ideas, but as his ramblings persisted, they decided to take matters into their own hands. Sensing Max's endless stream of words swallowing the peacefulness of the zoo, Y/N mustered their courage and leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss against Max's lips.

The world seemed to pause for a moment as Max's eyes widened in surprise. His voice faltered, silenced by the unexpected and sweet gesture. The bustling noises of the zoo receded into the background, replaced by a profound stillness.

When the kiss finally ended, Y/N gazed into Max's eyes, their lips still tingling from the moment. "Sometimes, the best way to enjoy the present is to simply be here, together, without overthinking or planning the grandest schemes."

Max blinked, his usual bravado momentarily replaced by vulnerability. A soft smile graced his face as he nodded, his enthusiasm dampened but not extinguished.

"Fine... I'll make them my Evil henchmen on a different day" he said looking away, a touch of humility in his voice but still trying to sound evil. "For now let's finish our trip shall we."

They continued their exploration of the zoo, now enveloped in a comfortable silence. Y/N watched as Max's animated energy transformed into a quiet admiration for the animals, his eyes shining with a newfound appreciation for their majestic presence.

The day carried on, with Y/N and Max venturing through the zoo hand in hand, no longer restrained by Max's need to dominate every aspect of their surroundings. In each other's company, they found solace, even amidst the chaos of the animal kingdom.

As the sun began to set and the zoo prepared to close its gates, Y/N and Max found themselves sitting beside the lion's den once more.

"Sidekick, I think I like you"

"I like you too max"