He didn't choose me

She closed the car door after entering and tied her seatbelt. Taehyung glanced at her through the corner of his eyes and started the car after noticing that she was done. Unconciously y/n started to fidget with her hands due to nervousness. It's been a while since she met a huge group of unknown people. Last was perhaps her first day at her internship. But going with taehyung to meet his peers was a different thing. She didn't knew anyone except taehyung there. Besides it would be her first time going somewhere as his spouse which was enough to run shiver down her spine. She didn't want to look too clueless there also so she decided to ask taehyung.

Y/n :Ahm- taehyung?

He hummed while focusing straight.

Y/n : Jieyon said that the party is about your friend's restaurant getting Michelin star right?
Taehyung : Hmm...
Y/n : Is he the chef?
Taehyung : Not really. He is the owner.
Y/n : Oh I see...
Taehyung : Yeah.

The ride fell into silence again for a while before y/n choose to break it again.

Y/n : So there will be many more except your friend circle right?

Her focus still on her lap as she scratch her thumb with her index finger. Sounds absurd but she felt too self concious. Taehyung glanced at her and sighed. He could sense that she was tense with the situation. Maybe choosing this event for her first meeting with his friends wasn't the right option.

Taehyung : Yes there will be...don't think too much. It'll go well- I'll be there to guide you around.

Biting her lips she nodded her head. She averted her gaze to the window to clear her thoughts. Her head leaned against the window as she asked.

Y/n : How far are we?
Taehyung : 4 minutes...I hope so.

Hearing his answer she let out a soft chuckle.

Y/n : People usually says 5 mins in such cases. I guess you are built different.

He nodded his head while a soft smile too crept on his face....

Taehyung gave the car keys to the chauffeur after getting out while y/n stood beside him. Her hands fixing the crease of her dress. He wondered if he should take her hand in his before entering but he couldn't bring himself up to do so. What if she feels uncomfortable? They have never held their hands before afterall. Her hands left her dress as she looked at him at her side.

Y/n : Should we go in now?
Taehyung : Huh- yeah.

Taehyung answered and out of embarrassment he put his hands on his pant pocket. She glanced at his hands which were on his pockets. She didn't knew why she felt bit disappointed. Everyone around them were walking in with their arms interlocked. They could have done it too right? Or maybe she's hoping for too much. She tried to shrug those thoughts off and started to walk in following his lead closely.The ambiance was really charming and screamed luxury. Everytime someone walked past them grinning or smiling recognising taehyung, y/n would also nodd her head in tiny while flashing a polite smile. The more they went inside the more it started to become crowded as y/n found herself inching closer and closer to taehyung. So when a group of people suddenly swarmed by their side she unconciously grabbed the sleeves of his tux to balance herself. Taehyung's eyes went to his upper arm. Her fingers were holding his tux tightly while her eyes still remained at her front. Maybe she herself hasn't realised that she was holding on to him. Y/n could feel his strong gaze on her so she looked back at him. Realising that she was still holding onto him she gulped in embarrassment and looked away as she tried to retrieve her hand immediately but taehyung stopped her. He pulled her hand in with his free arm, resting it properly on his elbow he placed his palm on top of hers. It took her few seconds to realise that their arms were linked now. Her cheeks started to heat up at the sudden proximity as she looked up to see his expression. He was still same looking ahead totally unfazed. How is he sane like this when her heart is thumping like crazy!She diverted her gaze into the crowd to calm her heart while he peeked at her direction through the corner of his eyes. He couldn't help but smile at her reaction. Only if she knew that it wasn't just her. But he too was feeling giddy because of her....