🦀Under The Sea🐠

(The art for this chapter was made by: Chloe

You can see more of her amazing work on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fishy_go_bloop?igsh=MWNtNmVybTFpZTJvcw==)

So, Hiro and I were going on an actual first date! I know we probably should've done that ages ago by now. But college and being a super hero doesn't exactly give you a lot of free room for that sort of thing.

Plus Hiro and I have always gotten along super well, since the day we met. Sure we had a few hiccups here and there, but it was never anything we couldn't work out together. So we never really needed to go on a date like everyone else to improve a relationship that's already going strong.

But the idea of getting to spend time together, just the two of us is really nice. And I've never had the opportunity to go to the aquarium before now. It'll be nice to have my first visit be with my boyfriend. This should be fun.

Hiro came by my house to pick me up on his scooter and we drove over to the aquarium together. "Whoa! I've never seen so many fishes before." Hiro remarked, looking at one of the big tanks with me.

"There's supposed to be a really big one around here, that's full of all sorts of different fishes." I said, glancing down at the map. "Looks like it's near the back." I muttered. "Then that's where we're heading!" Hiro said.

"Alright, but it's gonna take a while. I mean this place is huge!" I said. "I don't care how long it takes. As long as I'm with you." Hiro said, smirking at me. I scoff and roll my eyes, playfully shoving him so he won't see me blush. "Dork." I said and he laughs.

We started to make our way through the building and enter a Deep Sea section, that's all about fishes that live in the deepest and darkest part of the sea. Which would be cool if it wasn't so gosh darn dark in here!

I huddle close to Hiro, ignoring the automatic voice that was explaining something about the deep sea. I'm a super hero, I know I shouldn't be scared of the dark. But just something about it is very unsettling.

Suddenly there was a loud automatic noise next to me, making me scream and cling onto Hiro for safety. I look over to see a statue of an anglerfish, truly one of the most scariest and ugly, looking fishes.

"It's okay, (Name). It's just a statue." Hiro said, slipping his arm free from my death grip on it and wrapping it around my shoulder. "I liked that fish better in Finding Nemo." I muttered and he chuckles.

We soon reached the end and I took a seat on a bench, just wanting to relax for a minute now that we're surrounded by proper lighting. "Are you hungry?" Hiro asked, pointing over his shoulder with his thumb at a food court.

"Sure. I'll just have a hotdog and a soda." I said. "You got it. I'll be right back." Hiro said, walking off. I turn in my seat to look at one of the fish tanks, watching the fishes swim around without a care in the world.

"Oh hey, I like your shirt!" Someone said and I turn to see a dark skin boy in an orange hoodie, who looked to be around the same age as me. I glance down at my Spy x Family shirt then back up at the boy, smiling. "Oh thanks!"

"I love Yor! She's amazing!" The boy said, taking a seat next to me. "I know right?!" I said, excitedly. "I'm Darwin." The boy said, holding out his hand. "(Name)." I replied, taking his hand and shaking it.

"So (Name), are you familiar with a game called Stardew Valley?" He asked. "Am I?" I said, excitedly and the two of us begin geeking out about the series and other similar interests we have.

As we talk, Hiro came walking back over, carrying a tray of food. I notice he was frowning at us out of the corner of my eye before I turn my head to address him. "Hiro, this is Darwin. Darwin this is Hiro." I introduced them.