~11~

It was finally summer break, and for some reason, I was spending the first full day of summer down in the lab watching Adam, Bree, and Chase get there chips tested. I couldn't complain, because I didn't have anything else to do. The three of them were standing in a line in front of the counter. Chase was on the farthest side, with Adam in the middle and Bree closest to us. Leo and I stood next to Davenport who stood behind a weird looking machine thing that was connected to the braces around Adam, Bree, and Chases necks.

"Okay, now we'll check your bionic reflexes. First the left arm." Davenport told them before pressing a button. When he did, all three of their left arms went up, smacking each other in the face. The three of them all groaned in pain and rubbed their noses. I smiled at the sight. "Okay, now the right arm." He pressed a different button this time, which had the same effect but with their right arm.

"I hate this game!" Adam shouted while Chase and Bree held their noses.

"Okay, Adam. Well, you can sit this one out. I'll just do Bree and Chase." Davenport told Adam before pressing another button. Brees right arm hit Adam in the face and chases left did the same. Adam groaned, earning laughs from everyone.

"You could've spread them out." I told Davenport, turning my head back to look at him. He shrugged at me.

"Where's the fun in that?" Davenport smiled.

"Come on, Big D. It's summer vacation. Let's hit the beach, Stas needs and tan." Leo told Davenport, looking me up and down. I rolled my eyes as he continued. "Slap on some shorts and show everyone your pasty little walking sticks!" He smiled at Davenport and I nodded. I needed to get some sun. I had been cooped up with Leo for too long.

"Not now, Leo." Davenport shook his head. "We're doing some routine bionic chip maintenance. Besides, this is fun, right, guys?" He stood up straight and held his hands out to his sides just as Tasha walked in.

"Good times." Adam replied sarcastically from his place on the counter.

"A blast." Chase said flatly wit his hands in his neck brace.

"Okay, are we done here?" Bree asked, her elbow on the counter propping her up. "I wanna go be normal for awhile." She said while taking her neck brace off before throwing it at Davenports machine. The machine started sparking, making Tasha drop the plate of snacks she was holding. My eyes widened, knowing exactly what Tasha was going to say. I'm sure she was done with all the tech stuff, knowing Tasha.

"Can't we go just five minutes without something sparking, exploding, or oozing around here?" Tasha shouted at us, making me cringe a little at her harsh tone. "Ever since summer vacation started, it has been like one long science experiment." She told Davenport as she walked over to him.

"I'm sorry, Honey. I... you know... maybe... maybe Leo's right." Davenport said in a soft tone as he held Tasha's hands. "Maybe we need to take a break and go to the beach." He offered, earning a loud yell of approval from Adam.

"Yea!" Bree agreed.

"We'll take a whole weekend, as a normal family, you know? No gadgets, no phones. We'll do it totally tech free." Davenport assured Tasha as Leo and Bree got down on their knees to help pick up all the food on the ground. I picked up the two dishes off the floor and set them on the counter that Adam and Chase were standing behind.

"That is exactly what I need. You would really do that for me?" Tasha asked her husband with a quirked brow.

"Of course. You are way more important to me than the amazing innovations born of my genius." Davenport looked to the side and smiled to himself, making me roll my eyes. Tasha smirked at him and playfully pushed his chest before leaving the lab. Leo sighed as he grabbed the dishes off the counter to bring back to the kitchen and looked at Davenport.